The stats don''t lie and Grabban has got off to a flier (although he is by no means a clinical finisher) but I''m not convinced playing him in a lone striker role makes the most of what we''ve got. He is no target man. Jerome was a revelation on Saturday, his introduction turned the game, he has to start tomorrow night. I''d also like to see Lafferty given a chance in a more central role where he would be more of a handful than stuck out wide.

It''s a long hard season and injuries will take their toll but in the short term I don''t see Hooper doing much apart from bench warming.

A fully fit and match sharp Hooper is the best striker we have - Grabban is a grafter and poacher but still think Hooper offers a greater threat at this level. It''s a nice dilemma to have with all these striker options

[quote user="The Polar Bears Made Me Do It"]Perhaps we should try the old Lambert approach and play Grabban, Jerome and Lafferty in a "we''ll score one more than you" formation.[/quote]

You obviously aren''t listening ,,, or you are a binner ,, a fit Hooper is our best striker by a mile .

the best player a team don''t make

yes he is the best player and he will have a role to play but like the others it will be when the time is right