Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

How many points we will have when we play Forest

Brentford (a)Birmingham (h)Blackpool (a)Charlton (h)Rotherham (h)Fulham (a)Leeds (h)Sheff Weds (a)Bolton (h)Middlesborough (a)10 fixtures30 points up for grabsNot many what you would call tough fixturesBarring a complete collapse of form, and allowing for the odd hiccup or surprise, I can see us getting 23 to 25 points from that run of gamesBrentford (a)Birmingham (h)Blackpool (a)Charlton (h)Rotherham (h)Fulham (a)Leeds (h)Sheff Weds (a)Bolton (h)Middlesborough (a)

On paper that doesn''t look too bad a run in, but if we''re to two in the league everyone will up their game against us. We are in a great position with plenty of quality in our big squad, but let''s not get carried away quite yet - we''ll come up against a lot stronger opposition than the Cardiff team we played Saturday and teams will look to park the bus/frustrate us at Carrow road. An average of 2 points per game through the season will get us automatic promotion so anything over 20 points from that list will be good, but it''s still early days yet.

I think we will get a minimum 22 points out of those games, providing that most of the time we play like we did during the second half vs Cardiff City. Unfortunately, we will come up against a few sides who will play for a point and shut up shop, but this squad is very capable of turning over most of those sides.

I think you are getting a little over optimistic here, personally I will be delighted with 21 points. Middlesborough away is tough/v tough and you are assuming that we our jinx vs Fulham will be broken.

Any more than 21 and we will have broken clean away at the top though and it is possible. The home fixtures plus Blackpool do look v winnable.

[quote user="militantcanary"]I think you are getting a little over optimistic here, personally I will be delighted with 21 points. Middlesborough away is tough/v tough and you are assuming that we our jinx vs Fulham will be broken.

Any more than 21 and we will have broken clean away at the top though and it is possible. The home fixtures plus Blackpool do look v winnable.[/quote][Y]This seems more realistic. Every team drops unexpected points.A 2 points per game average will probably win this league.