Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

Team for Brentford.

Tough fixture this one. Brentford are a side on the up and are very good at home. We cannot afford another slow start.

Very strong down the left with hot prospect Jake Bidwell and their playmaker Alan Judge in Front. If we nullify this threat we''ll do well.

So I''d start 4-4-2

Ruddy

Martin Hooiveld turner Ollsson

Benno Tettey BJ Redmond

Grabban Jerome

Harsh on Hoolahan..... I never like to see him not start but we need to be compact and have a strong right side. Benno starts for me due to his defensive attributes.

We have a good squad. I hope Adams will change it up a bit to suit different sides, particularly away from home.

It''ll be the side that started the second half. Harsh on Lafferty perhaps, but I think Jerome did enough to warrant a start!

I''ve seen a fair bit of Brentford and they aren''t a bad side, so we''ll have to be on top of our game. I mentioned Bidwell in a post about guys we might want to look at a year ago, he is a decent prospect.

As for our starting XI, I''d go for the side that started the second half, assuming there were no knocks. IMO our back line is best with MO back and RM at r/b; Jerome must have done enough to warrant a start, VOO will have to wait his chance....it is great to have options, and us still with a couple of guys to come back from injury.

same team....just a slight tweak.

its more important to play 2 central strikers than Hoolahan in the hole.

Ruddy

Martin Turner Hooiveld

Olsson

Tettey Johnson

Hoolahan

Redmond

Grabban Lafferty

Hoolahan cutting in from the left and the emphasis on Olsson getting forward to supply width down the left.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]same team....just a slight tweak.

its more important to play 2 central strikers than Hoolahan in the hole.

Ruddy

Martin Turner Hooiveld

Olsson

Tettey Johnson

Hoolahan

Redmond

Grabban Lafferty

Hoolahan cutting in from the left and the emphasis on Olsson getting forward to supply width down the left.[/quote]

i''ll try that again

Ruddy

Martin Turner Hooiveld Olsson

Redmond Tettey Johnson Hoolahan

Grabban Lafferty

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I would rather hope that Brentford worry about we have to offer than the other way round. [/quote]bit of checking on their weaknesses won''t hurt

I feel a couple of changes will keep us fresh. Despite our great start, at times in every game we''ve had spells where we could have been dead and buried. The point I''m making is that we''ve not been quite as good as our results suggest, which is a recipe for complacency. And I''m really not having a dig, just making the point that Adams needs to use the luxury of the strength in depth we have. Something we haven''t had for a long time.

Tomorrow is a big test. Brentford will be well up for this.

Some find it fun to speculate by it''s Adams job and he will put out the team and formation that he thinks appropriate. Whatever that is, it should be too good for Brentford. Any point away from home is a good one but I think we are all expecting a win tomorrow night.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Tough fixture this one. Brentford are a side on the up and are very good at home. We cannot afford another slow start.

Very strong down the left with hot prospect Jake Bidwell and their playmaker Alan Judge in Front. If we nullify this threat we''ll do well.

So I''d start 4-4-2

Ruddy

Martin Hooiveld turner Ollsson

Benno Tettey BJ Redmond

Grabban Jerome

Harsh on Hoolahan..... I never like to see him not start but we need to be compact and have a strong right side. Benno starts for me due to his defensive attributes.

We have a good squad. I hope Adams will change it up a bit to suit different sides, particularly away from home.[/quote]**** me! No Hoolahan? Have you two had a tiff LC? [;)]

Ruddy

Tettey Johnson

Bennett Vadis Redmond

Jerome

Would be happy to see him mix it up a bit, with such a lot of games coming up in such a short space of time. No need to get tired legs when our squad is so strong.

That said, I trust him to put the right team out and who he thinks will win us the game. If that''s the same 11 then so be it.

[quote user="splutcho"]Ruddy

Tettey Johnson

Bennett Vadis Redmond

Jerome

Would be happy to see him mix it up a bit, with such a lot of games coming up in such a short space of time. No need to get tired legs when our squad is so strong.

That said, I trust him to put the right team out and who he thinks will win us the game. If that''s the same 11 then so be it.[/quote][Y]He see''s them in training and he knows what he plans to do yet some people still like to second guess the manager.I blame "Football Manager"[;)]

I cannot see Martin or Lafferty being risked if slightly injured it will give the wrong impression to the squad. Team as follows:

Ruddy

Whittaker Turner Hooiveld Olsson

Johnson Tettey

Redmond Hoolahan Grabban

Jerome

We can''t expect too much from the same group of players with so many games in so few days.

It might be wise to be thinking ahead to the upcoming fixtures when selecting teams so as to have the best chance of winning them all and at least losing none of them.

I expect some rotation throughout the season, as it is virtually impossible to stick to the same team even if you are winning, particularly considering the number of games and different styles of opposition. For example, most will acknowledge that even if we win a game with Wes in the side, the next game could be the type of match that simply doesnt suite him, something that has happened many times.

Brentford are not going to be a walkover, they are a good solid team who have maintained the momentum that brought them up last season. They could well be the surprise package this season and I think they will make the playoffs.

I dont see the team changing much, Jerome in for Lafferty and depending on his back strain, Whitaker may take Martins spot for this game.