Sign in to follow this  
Essex Canary

I’m worried… I am starting to feel we will do really well this year.

Enjoyed it Essex, thanks. Being an older supporter I''ve experienced the hope followed by crushing disappointment many times. They just serve to make the highs so much better when the do actually turn up!

Tiny point - we beat Manchester 2-0 not 2-1 when Ashton scored.

Back from Cardiff - I made a long weekend of it. If anything the performance gave me even more reason to feel that we are really strong candidates this year. Well of the pace in the first half, we showed great resolve to get back into the game and not merely draw but win against a team that the Cardiff fans think has the strongest squad in the division. The CCFC fans were flooding out well before the end.So to add to the list we have two further positive factors - strong team spirit and determination, coupled with the way that one of our strongest rivals just crumbled. Oh dear - this is making me more optimistic than ever!http://www.thematch.co.uk/im-worried-starting-feel-will-really-well-year/

We look to have the strongest squad and as long as we have a fair crack of the whip as regards injuries then I think we have every right to expect a very good year.I have seen nothing to fear in this division and I fully expect that we will be there or thereabouts come May.

A long way to go yet - and there will be a few hiccups, frustrations and the occasional stumble.

But, I personally think we''ll be automatically promoted back to the Premiership come next May......We can only go from strength to strength, the spirit and unity in the squad, coupled with the unwavering support - will see us over the finish line......

Ricardo, Mellow. The thing is that I agree - which is why I am so uncomfortable! It what the article is abput. When was the last time something went according to plan?If you look at our recent promotions for example, none of them were expected.The Worthington promotion season we started without hardly a striker.The two Lambert promotions would also fit into the category of "unexpected;" particularly after what preceded them.  When have we delivered when we were expected to do so?

I''m getting the feeling that this year is going to be something to remember even though so few games have been played.

Tonight''s game will be a real test. Brentford have a really good home record and is just the sort of place where we could be brought down to earth.

If we win this one Essex I think it will be time to get excited..

[quote user="Essex Canary"]Ricardo, Mellow. The thing is that I agree - which is why I am so uncomfortable! It what the article is abput. When was the last time something went according to plan?If you look at our recent promotions for example, none of them were expected.The Worthington promotion season we started without hardly a striker.The two Lambert promotions would also fit into the category of "unexpected;" particularly after what preceded them.  When have we delivered when we were expected to do so?[/quote]There''s many a slip twixt cup and lip but we have entered this season in good form and we are now financially sound. This has not been the case before. I don''t think we can look at this season in the same context as any of our other recent promotion seasons. We are the big fish in this pond.

Ricardo is right, this is the first time I can remember as a supporter that we''ve had such a massive financial advantage and such an excellent squad for the league we''re playing in. We have no weaknesses, no shortage of players in certain positions, a manager who has impressed so far who without getting carried away we can safely say at least isn''t rubbish (Being very conservative) we''re among the best supporters in the league (home in terms of attendance and away vocally)

Englands joint best Goalkeeper, PL quality defenders, a huge array of defensive and or creative midfielders a natural goal scorer and a couple of other versatile, very useful forwards

It''s safe to say we weren''t even as strong as this (pound for pound for in the league we''re playing in) the year we coasted to the L1 title.