Sign in to follow this  
Joanna Grey

Our U21s

Definite strains of Sir Elton wafting through my mind... As in ''the circle of life'', rather than ''goodbye yellow brick road'' or ''I guess that''s why they call it the blues'' (because I''m not a waste disposal executive).

[quote user="GenerationA47"]Definite strains of Sir Elton wafting through my mind... As in ''the circle of life'', rather than ''goodbye yellow brick road'' or ''I guess that''s why they call it the blues'' (because I''m not a waste disposal executive).[/quote]

For me it was McGrandles in the Wind..

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Not much to cheer about this season;

Played 4, lost 4, Goals for 3, Goals against 15.

BTW McGrandles played in their last match.[/quote]

We have only played & lost 3 league games. Goals 2 for 10 against. All games away where we tend to only play younger pros.

Not really a surprise that we''re struggling in a league of 11 of the best and richest teams in the Premier league...and then us.

But at least our future talents are being tested against the best of the best at U21 level

MrFruit wrote the following post at 15/09/2014 1:11 PM:

"We have only played & lost 3 league games. Goals 2 for 10 against. All games away where we tend to only play younger pros."

Standard uneducated reply for this forum.

Spurs away - lost 5-1

Man Utd away - lost 3-0

Chelsea away - lost 3-1

Man City away - lost 4-1

Even taking into account canaries.co.uk has not updated the results page with the Man City result you still can not count....

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]MrFruit wrote the following post at 15/09/2014 1:11 PM:

"We have only played & lost 3 league games. Goals 2 for 10 against. All games away where we tend to only play younger pros."

Standard uneducated reply for this forum.

Spurs away - lost 5-1

Man Utd away - lost 3-0

Chelsea away - lost 3-1

Man City away - lost 4-1

Even taking into account canaries.co.uk has not updated the results page with the Man City result you still can not count....[/quote]

Agree "Standard uneducated reply to this forum" But by you! Spurs was a pre season friendly so why have you got that in your list & not the other pre season U 21 matches. Even canaries.co.uk has Spurs as a pre season match. My reply to your post referred to 3 league matches.

MrFruit is spot on. We have played 3 u21 league games away to three of

the richest clubs in the world let alone England. We''re in that league on merit

having finished ahead of the likes of Arsenal, Newcastle and Villa which was a

real feather in the cap for our team at Colney. If we manage to remain in that

league at the end of the season it will possibly be an even bigger achievement.

Hopefully there are easier games ahead for the lads. Leicester at home is the

next game which I thought was on Monday 22nd but the web site says Friday 19th

1pm. Can you confirm that change MrFruit?

Nutty - copied from the current piece about Martin/Lafferty having knocks:

"The match between City, second in the Championship, and the sixth-placed Bees does however come too early for long-term injury victims Gary Hooper and Jonny Howson.

They are back in training though and should feature in Friday’s match for City’s Under-21s team at home to Leicester."

Hopefully with them playing we can pick up our first points (in our 4th game!)

MrFruit wrote the following post at 15/09/2014 6:58 PM:

"Agree "Standard uneducated reply to this forum" But by you! Spurs was a pre season friendly so why have you got that in your list & not the other pre season U 21 matches. Even canaries.co.uk has Spurs as a pre season match. My reply to your post referred to 3 league matches. "

Sorry, my bad. You are of course correct and I messed up, my apologies.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]MrFruit wrote the following post at 15/09/2014 6:58 PM:

"Agree "Standard uneducated reply to this forum" But by you! Spurs was a pre season friendly so why have you got that in your list & not the other pre season U 21 matches. Even canaries.co.uk has Spurs as a pre season match. My reply to your post referred to 3 league matches. "

Sorry, my bad. You are of course correct and I messed up, my apologies.[/quote]

Apologies accepted,thank you

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Thanks Branston. I have to change my plans now!

[/quote]

He beat me to it Nutty,see you Friday

can anyone tell me where the under 21s are playing on Friday - is it colney or carrow road - when you go on website there is no info and when you try to buy tickets - it takes you to the lst team games - many thanks

Always enjoy seeing someone trying (and failing)to be clever being brought back down to earth with a bang. That said, we can do without the smart-ar$ery on the forum, there''s enough of it about the place.

Back on topic, it''s early days for the U21''s. Hopefully they''ll pick up a few points soon and emulate the run that the senior team is currently on.