Sign in to follow this  
Robin Hood canary

Leroy Fer

Was going to say the same. Was gutted when he left as I think there could be an excellent player there. Unfortunately for him I think his lazy attitude will prevent it.

Was thinking the same thing.

QPR look pi$$ poor.

Watching leroy now without the city specs on. I can safely say how overrated he is. So slow! Doesn''t look like he has any ability at all. Looks like RvW

Turning out to be the best bit of transfer business we have ever done. In fact all of our transfer business has been excellent - some £20M in and a lot less spent, for a better squad. Hard to believe that not long ago quite a few of our fans were very critical of McNally. Of course he has not got everything right, but overall his decisions have been first class. 

Never go McNally. He is a gem.

Hardly gets it''s wrong. Even appointing a radio commentator as manager. So far seems to have found another ruff diamond lambert style to my amazement and 99% of us all

Even so, some of his passing around the United area towards the end of the game was far to good for the clods he''s playing with. Can''t see him staying there once they are relegated.

[quote user="shaunieboy77"]Feeling a bit sorry for Rob Green. Just a really tiny bit ![/quote]

Green was dreadful in the first half, better in the second. Fer was awful too, as were the rest of the QPR team and management. What did they expect playing Phillips and Hoilett at Old Trafford against a Man Utd who just had to win the game?

We got good money for him and I''m happy with that. I thought he was fairly average today but plying in a poor team is usually a struggle. They look relegation material to me.

I agree with many of the posts here but it must be remembered that it easier to play in a good team against Cardiff City than a poor team against Manchester United!

Ricky is also doing nothing in France, Snodgrass will miss the season (okay we got lucky here) Becchio getting poor ratings at Rotherham, 250k more than we paid for the now surplus to requirements Surman...and look who we''ve brought in, most notably a natural goal scorer (If Turner hadn''t got that last touch he''d be on 6 in 6) and retained what quality we have. If we could have just offloaded Bassong for some small return this window would have been perfect

This has definitely been the best window I can remember us having, even in 2011 we bought some real (At the time) duds like Ayala, De Laet and Vaughan

even redknapp making excuses for him now... he should know fer IS good but only performs now and again if can be bothered ! LOL

"One or two of my players are trying to get their fitness.

"Leroy Fer has had two weeks away with Holland and has not played a game.

"He probably has been stood around and used as a cone while the first team play. He lacks fitness."

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Even so, some of his passing around the United area towards the end of the game was far to good for the clods he''s playing with. Can''t see him staying there once they are relegated.[/quote]

Not possible. He will loyally stay to help in their promotion drive just like................. Min you, the promotion drive could be to escape the conference.

[quote user="daz"]even redknapp making excuses for him now... he should know fer IS good but only performs now and again if can be bothered ! LOL

"One or two of my players are trying to get their fitness.

"Leroy Fer has had two weeks away with Holland and has not played a game.

"He probably has been stood around and used as a cone while the first team play. He lacks fitness."[/quote]

For Redknapp to play someone he classes as unfit in the starting XI, you have to question his ability to manage a team. QPR will get relegated if he picks his team then bemoans his players fitness. Great, the FL must be rubbing their hands waiting for them to come back down with fines and anything else they can throw at them.

He looked out of his depth. He hardly touched the ball and was slow in getting back. I believe he has the talent and is strong but I don''t see a great deal of effort being used.

He was motm in one of the games when he hit the bar with a fierce shot and also created one of QPR''s goals but he needs to be performing like that every week or he will be an expensive passenger.

It was a great deal for Norwich, as he didn''t want to be here - we can''t afford to have passengers.

Said it a year ago. He looked okay in the west ham and west brom away games, but other than that he was poor and lazy. People argued at the time, just as they did that CH was a good manager. Even though no one wanted relegation, we were able to clear the dross out of the club on and off the pitch. We''re a better club for it!

Sure we got a good deal for him after a pretty average season (and he wasnt the only one)......but, whilst not yet of the caliber to play for a top six EPL side, no way is Leroy Fer "dross". I expect him to have enough decent games for QPR to show he is one of their better players, particular once he gets his fitness up and plays against some of the lesser sides.

Had he stayed, at the level we are now playing he would surely have been a star performer....thankfully we have enough other quality players to not miss him.

I would never say he was dross, just lazy.

Watching him yesterday for QPR he doesn''t seem to have a second gear, he just seems to jog around the pitch at one pace.

I know he''s a big guy so maybe deceptive, but he hardly seems to put a shift in when he plays.

I lost count last season, the number of times I saw opposition players run straight passed Fer when we had lost possession and the opposition were on the attack. Lazy.

I really like Fer as a player - he has the potential to be a really complete midfielder IMO.

That said, I think it is an extremely fair criticism that he seems to have a weakness when it comes to tracking the opposition. That said, he is only 24 so has time to work on that aspect of his game.

Playing in the Premier League is a big step up from the Eredivisie, Leroy is not good enough to be effortlessly brilliant in the prem,in fact he looks brilliantly effortless, so unless he wants fade to obscurity he must start working ,off the ball....he has to put in a shift.

He is in for a big surprise if he thinks playing for QPR in the Prem is gonna be easier than playing for us in that league. He''s swapped one dogfight for another to stay in the topflight, personally i think it was a bad choice for him and for them, but just reet for us.

IS......''''That said, I think it is an extremely fair criticism that he seems to have a weakness when it comes to tracking the opposition. That said, he is only 24 so has time to work on that aspect of his game. ''''

I currently coach an inter county u14 team and would expect my midfielders to track back now, not think about doing it in ten years time when they are professionals....but maybe i expect a little too much from someone being paid at least £1M a year to play footy....FFS.

I really am at a loss as to why so many people think Leroy Fer is lazy. He always appeared the opposite to me. I think we were lucky to have him here and just wish it had been a better season so that we could have appreciated more of his attacking talents. He''s right at the top of the game having scored in the world cup finals. Lazy players do not get to that level. Only exceptional players get to that level. He''s the first Norwich player to have achieved a world cup goal and I''m proud of that.

I agree with Dubai that he would have been exceptional at this level. Those of us who saw how he changed the game when coming on as a sub at Watford last season will have seen how devastating his vision and passing was. I bet Hooper wishes Fer was still around.

As far as I know he didn''t throw his toys out of the pram to leave and was prepared to stay with us in the champs. The QPR deal probably suited us as much as him though. And he showed full respect for our club and us supporters by getting fit and coming on against Blackburn where he put in tackles and made a good contribution before showing his appreciation to the supporters at the end of the game.

Anyway. This article seems to have seen the same Leroy Fer that I did. I wish him the very best at QPR.

http://eplindex.com/57960/leroy-fer-statistical-analysis-qprs-signing.html