Sign in to follow this  
Michael Starr

Cardiff vs Norwich. A Cardiff perspective

Literally had the most comical weekend in ages supporting Norwich. I live near Cardiff. I pick up the local radio / phone ins etc here. I listened to the game on the Cardiff station. If you think Canary Call is bad, you should listen to their version. WOW.

"This is the worst performance I have ever seen in 40 years of supporting Cardiff, Norwich were dreadful, absolutely dreadful"

"Pilkington is the worst signing I have ever seen in the history of the club"

Sooo much Pilkington bashing.

The equaliser was priceless on the live game. "Oh for crying out loud... ... ... it''s a goal. What is Ole doing? What is he doing? He''s clueless! We''re not going to win the title now are we"

"We''ve given Norwich the title today" < 5 games in.

"Norwich are going up, we''re going down"

Complete meltdown on the radio phone ins. Complete over reaction by the Cardiff fans. People were sooooooo angry. I think they had this down as a home win.

they did indeed.

Cardiff were much better than us in the first half... it got to half time and they thought they''d won. you dont need to be a fly on the wall but it was blatantly obvious!

[quote user="swindoncanary"]If it happened the other way around, I''m sure canary call would be fully of the same rubbish.[/quote]Indeed.I mean its not like some of our fans were calling for Neil''s head at half time.Oh, wait....[;)]

I too live in and around Cardiff and was present at the match and can vouch for the sheer meltdown around Cardiff fans after our comeback. I had a conversation with a colleague this morning who was beside himself and couldn''t comprehend how they''d thrown it away.

It was simple I told him. We where hopeless in the first half and they where complacent in the second.

I have to say though, Cardiffs fan where dire the entire match. They didn''t even raise the roof after we got one back to help spur on their team and there were a few leaving at 2-2.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="swindoncanary"]If it happened the other way around, I''m sure canary call would be fully of the same rubbish.[/quote]Indeed.I mean its not like some of our fans were calling for Neil''s head at half time.Oh, wait....[;)][/quote]

Personally I think it''s even more amusing , how some posters reappear just to be negative !!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

they did indeed.

Cardiff were much better than us in the first half... it got to half time and they thought they''d won. you dont need to be a fly on the wall but it was blatantly obvious!

[/quote]They were better than us for the first 25 minutes but it was one way traffic long before half time. They barely got out of there half beyond the thirty minute mark.

that''s pretty much how I read it on the Cardiff message boards

writing on the wall after 30 minutes ect ect

I''m in cardiff too, I never knew there was so many of us. I  listened to the Welsh phone in as well. My favourite comment was that Tony Pulis should become the next Cardiff manager because he was born in Newport. You could almost hear them straining as them tried to reach some straws.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Now then Barclay, I now await you being described as part of a dangly bit[/quote]Yeah, he''s a complete lobe.