Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Brentford v City Match Thread

Back to 4-2-3-1 please, Jerome out wide, Hoolahan back in the centre and a rocket up their arse in the dressing room please NA.

Their midfield appears to be outworking us so we need an extra man in there and some space between the lines to throw them off 442 isn''t working!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Brentford (TBC): Button; Bidwell, Dean, Douglas, Odubajo, McCormack, Dallas, Judge, Gray, Pritchard, Tarkowski.Subs: Bonham, Craig, Tebar, Toral, Betinho, Jota, Proschwitz.

City (4-4-2): Ruddy; Whittaker, Turner, Hooiveld, Olsson; Redmond, Tettey, Johnson (c), Hoolahan; Jerome, Grabban.Subs: Rudd (GK), Miquel, E Bennett, Josh Murphy, O''Neil, Odjidja, Lafferty.

Referee: Tim Robinson---On the face of it an attacking line-up for an away game. [/quote]Hmm. Adams is not the first Norwich City manager to have wrestled with the Hoolahan/two striker conundrum.

Another 1st half no-show, sounds like we are lucky so far.

Repeat of Saturday?

At match in with the Brentford fans, right next to the Norwich dug out. Sat next to the biggest prick in history, Hailing non stop abuse at Adams. 30 mins in Adams responded, a 5 second smile in his direction. It was a class response. Nothing said. This stand is flooded with Norwich fans. The stewards have advised we go to the far end and Brentford to the other.

Fottball wise. We look much the stronger side.Tailed off a bit towards the end of the half but can only see one team winning Tonight.

I thought it was the mark of Champions to play poorly and win?

Brentford are giving it everything and we sound in second gear at best. I think we''ve set up wrong and i''d replace Tetty and Redmond with Odjidjia and Murphy later. But I think we''ll take them out after 70 minutes when they tire, as long as we don''t concede before then we should be fine

Remember we''re away, against a highly motivated, decent side and we''re only coasting right now, hopefully more to come in the next half so I''m not worried.

I do agree we have to sort out our match preparation and starting mentality though, this just hasn''t been good enough so far

If it was us playing well at home and dominating against a team not playing to potential then I''d be worried that (a) we couldn''t play that good in the 2nd half and (b) that the opponents would be better

[quote user="lincoln canary"]We''ve gone through some terrible spells this season. Adams has to sort this out, we''re riding our luck at present. Better sides will murder us if we put in performances like this one and first half against Cardiff.

Everything is not as rosey as our results suggest.[/quote]

I agree. Our results have been camuflaged by quite a lot of poor play, so we need to step it up.

Bring on VOO for Tettey or Johnson, move back to 4-2-3-1 with Wes at tve tip and Jerome out wide. Laffs and Murphy to come on after 70.

Seems like we''ve got a bit of a binner infestation...

[quote user="Making Plans"]Redmond blasts over & Grabben fails to grab it[/quote]

haha funny with grabben and grab it. almost same words but still not same words

Btw, if we win tonight then if you include the cardiff game where we could have lost and Blackburn where we could have drawn Ruddy alone would have been worth 8 points to us in only 7 games! That''s why taking even 10 million for him would have been very poor business