This would be the best run of events over the next ten days (and beyond) in my opinion:

Morrison decides that Norwich is his best option; regular football, plenty of support from a renewed midfield (see below). His choice of Norwich also means that he is not scoring goals for Palace or Southampton-two of our main rivals.

Bearing in mind, we have only known about the Morrison offer because Steve Bruce decided to tell the press and not from NCFC., we find out with no warning that two other players of significant quality, one defender and one midfielder have also been in talks at more or less the same time and have signed.

All three are signed up in time to play against Leeds and we win. Over the coming weeks results improve and as and when high quality loans are available to bolster our strength in depth, Worthy makes a move. We find ourselves in the top three with Ashton, Morrison, Green and Saffri et al. therefore happy to stay with Norwich and turn down offers from Premiership clubs during the January window. They see that the Premiership and regular places loom with Norwich City.  Worthington''s second go in the Premiership coupled with our previous experience and more money to spend, he raises our average player quality still further.

....Now that is not too much to wish for is it?

I know we''re dealing in ifs, buts and maybes but I would think Palace fans are salivating profusely at the possible pairing of Johnson and Morrison up front. Probably capable of not far short of 50 goals between them in this league I suspect. Personally, I won''t lose too much sleep if he doesn''t join NCFC but the damage he could do to our promotion hopes (if they materialise) at a club like Palace does make me wince a bit. Must make Palace a top six side at least.