Sign in to follow this  
he

L.Becchio

How did Luciano Becchio do for Rotherham Utd against Bournemouth last weekend?

Substituted at half time because he wasn''t match fit - not surprising really considering the lack of game time he had in the last couple of years

I''m sure once he works his hardest on the training ground and is fully match fit*, he''ll be banging them in from all angles and with all parts of his anatomy.

* May never happen

Steve Evans said he was pretty ineffective and they improved after he was substituted. However, he did caveat that with the fact he is nowhere near match fit at present. Becchio has basically played no meaningful football over 18 months now so he was bound to be rusty.

I wish him all the best and I hope he gets goals for them.

such a shame because he was hot property at Leeds before Norwich snapped him up then left him on the shelf.

I imagine Leeds fans have a smug feeling of "you shouldnt have left" if they ever think about him. Poor Bec

As much as I agree that the Hughton regime certainly had a very detrimental impact on his career, I don''t think Becchio was a completely innocent party in how it all panned out for him.

Yes maybe he ought to have received a bit more game time, especially when he first arrived and was probably at his most confident. But there must be a reason why neither Hughton, nor Adams fancied him. Bad attitude, poor trainer perhaps? You have to earn the game time and can''t expect to just walk straight into a squad. Clearly he didn''t do enough to impress the management into giving him more of a chance.

The Warnock quote about him that has popped up on this board a few times perhaps went a little way in shedding some light on his personality and attitude, although anything Warnock says should be taken with a pinch of salt. We''ll never know the truth, but if Adams doesn''t think he''s good enough or a right fit for us in this league, despite his previous goalscoring exploits, then I have total faith in his judgement. Let''s see how he gets on at Rotherham after he gets fully up to speed . . .

[quote user="Oswald Cobblepot"] But there must be a reason why neither Hughton, nor Adams fancied him. .[/quote]Probably, but when you''ve got 3 strikers firing blanks for most of the season and you''re in dire need of goals and a couple of wins, no matter what the issues were, he must have been worth a couple of starts rather than carrying on with 3 players that proved week in week out that  couldn''t deliver

Exactly MP, that exact point has and continues to baffle me. Whatever it was/is has obviously continued over the summer under Adam''s. I guess we''ll never know unless he talks!