Sign in to follow this  
St.John Cooper

Our 90s strip in worst 7 of all time

I have and will always like this kit. I can never understand why it always pops up in worst strip articles. Then again it could just be me because I quite like Hull''s kit from 1992

Coventrys from the same season was exactly the same, just different colours.

I love that kit and it reminds everyone of 3rd place and UEFA Cup run. There are loads from the early 90''s that could have been picked out in all honesty.

Arsenal away from 1991 was even worse!

It''s just a piece of froth from a BBC hack, I see from his bio that he gained a poor degree at the UEA & did work experience at Radio Norfolk, not the best of starts.

Not only did I like that kit and was amused by the article, I have just found the said article buried in the wardrobe - great memories.

[quote user="T"]Not only did I like that kit and was amused by the article, I have just found the said article buried in the wardrobe - great memories.[/quote]But do you have to have designed and manufactured a football kit (and have all the relevant qualifications) to be allowed an opinion on it?[;)]

Egg and cress was a classic shirt and will always be linked to our European adventures.One of the most sort after by collectors, always go for big money on Ebay.

I don''t mind tgat strip, I do however hate our current home & away shirts.....really lazy design and cheap looking.

That green patch on the front looks like an afterthought, it doesn''t tie into or blend into the shirt. Why have they printed someting inside which should be seen?

Still I hope the next effort by this cheapscate manufacturer is worth the money!

Monty, see how it is actually possible to give a  subjective opinion without abusing anyone. The people who for some reason think there are superior to a professional, trained, experienced, qualified person are just irritating trolls. It those people who are abusive with it that deserve it back. But I''m sure an excellent moderator like you good self knows all that.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

It''s just a piece of froth from a BBC hack, I see from his bio that he gained a poor degree at the UEA & did work experience at Radio Norfolk, not the best of starts.

[/quote]

Bit harsh to personally attack the guy for this.... it''s a piece for BBC Newsbeat after all.. a programme aimed at kids.

Lazy journalism once more, Quite apart from the fact the kit is great - I can think of loads that look terrible - the caption is pathetic -

"Their kit certainly didn''t give fans much to cheer."

No it didn''t - only the most famous European win in our club history and two top 5 finishes...

For really bad how about some of these -

Southampton 1987

Wolves 1996

Stoke 1993

Sheffield U 1995

Ipswich 2005 and 2005

Hull 1998

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk

I bought that shirt in 92 straight after the Chelsea away game. Threw it away a couple of months ago as the logo had almost peeled right off.

Love the bird splatter shirt - probably only because it was so successful and a talking point!

My personal lack of taste favourite is coventrys away one from 78-81 - lovely braaahn.    The salmon pink of evertons a couple of years ago was also shocking 

http://www.kitclassics.co.uk/kits/coventry.png

Good to see you contributing on here again Morty, I for one missed you...keep this site as your regular partner and the other one as your naughty mistress who you visit every now and again :-)

As for this strip....I''m sure I saw St.John wearing one on a recent night out in Dubai?

Talking of kits, am I the only one who liked the all yellow Colman''s mustard kit?? Also, loved the kit with the black shorts and white socks......maybe we could have it back for next season back in the EPL!!!!

[quote user="ReadingCanary"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

[/quote]

Bit harsh to personally attack the guy for this.... it''s a piece for BBC Newsbeat after all.. a programme aimed at kids.[/quote]

So ''kids'' deserve poorer quality journalism? He should maintain the highest standard no matter who his target audience is.

Awful design but the two seasons we used that kit were the highest our great club has been!

Don''t think it was our worst kit ever -

This one was the late 1990''s kits when the green shorts were dispensed for yellow ones - not a good look!

Got to love how so many people take them selves so seriously on here. Does no one have a sense of humour in Norfolk.

Still is, and probably always WILL be my favourite of our shirts.I actually like the look for what it is, which combined with the great seasons we had whilst wearing it, make it an all time classic shirt IMHO.I''m really hoping that in a few years time we bring it back as a 25th anniversary edition!