Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

RVW

...has featured in 3 of the first 6 St Etienne games.... first 2 as a sub, 3rd one getting subbed. He hasn''t been involved in the squad since his subbing...

He still hasn''t scored...

we really were conned weren''t we?

A nice guy he may be.....

......but a first class charlatan seemingly trading on a catchy surname......

Gutted for him and us, we need him to play well in order to recoup any of the money we ''wasted'' on him! I still really hope he comes good if for his own sake, but I doubt he''ll be featuring in the Prem again any time soon!

Add to the fact that Snodgrass is out for a year (unfortunate), Pilkington is not impressing the Cardiff fans, Fer has been poor for QPR so far since his switch and the Rotherham gaffer isn''t really playing Becchio due to "fitness issues"

We''ve had a VERY good pre-season.

I''m not sure there''s anything I could say about RVW that hasn''t been said before but really, you do have to wonder how the hell we ended up with him.

From the start of last season it was pretty clear Cashmere Chris and those other two plonkers were set on playing a lone striker with a No10 just behind but from the first moment I set eyes on him I have to say my reaction was one of a Dutch/Swedish Chef ''Vurt dur furk''

There was no way on earth he was ever going to be able to fill that position, quite simply he hasn''t anywhere near the physical presence, you need a Romalu type player or indeed the one that went off to play in Wigan''s reserves.

So who scouted him, watched him play, thought it''d be a good idea to spend £8.5m on him, who, what, when and indeed how?

Truthfully he seems so far away from what we actually needed I really do wonder about the whole Pandoras Box of Third Party Ownerships and alike, for a club like ours that just a few years ago was on the brink it really sticks in the craw.

Elsewhere of course we can see how our players are blossoming under the ethos of not trying to defend a defeat, it''s working a treat.

So what do we do next time we have money to burn?

In theory, Bassong the year before was a much better buy. He bought much needed premiership experience and shored up what had been a very suspect back four.

Do we go out and spunk 10 million on another striker because we can? Do we invest in our youth programme more? Perhaps add a more mobile defender that we''d need at the top level?

Think for instance if we''d used the money we had to get Benteke and Lovren. I wonder where we''d be now!

To be fair to RVW he was a good striker till Hughton broke him.

His experience with us might take a long time to get over.

good luck to him and I for one would like for him to get back to scoring, so we get some money back.

There were plenty on here bemoaning that we let him go and that he would be the fatalist to take us back up.

He could still come good but it''s beginning to look like another top decision.

So he has played bits of three games.......even though I am not a huge fan (but I weirdly wanted him to stay, work that one out) I think he needs more games at his new club.......probably something like a dozen decent run outs before he can really be judged.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]So he has played bits of three games.......even though I am not a huge fan (but I weirdly wanted him to stay, work that one out) I think he needs more games at his new club.......probably something like a dozen decent run outs before he can really be judged.[/quote]

Are you basing your opinion on your extensive visits to carry rud last season?

I imagine with the big bold headlines of Norwich returning to the premiership there will be a little footnote reading similar to "RVW sold for 1million" or something!

[quote user="Bury Green"] So who scouted him, watched him play, thought it''d be a good idea to spend £8.5m on him, who, what, when and indeed how?[/quote]

I suspect a certain Scottish Scout no longer employed by the club....

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]So he has played bits of three games.......even though I am not a huge fan (but I weirdly wanted him to stay, work that one out) I think he needs more games at his new club.......probably something like a dozen decent run outs before he can really be judged.[/quote]

wasn''t last season enough???? how many more chances should he have got?

however it ends for him this season we will never see him again.. if he scores a shed ful they have first option at £5 million.

if he doesnt score or plays poorly I honestly think if we go up we will just cut our losses and release him... he''ll either go back to Holland or poot about the Lower leagues as soo many who promised yet failed to deliver have done before.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Bury Green"] So who scouted him, watched him play, thought it''d be a good idea to spend £8.5m on him, who, what, when and indeed how?[/quote]

I suspect a certain Scottish Scout no longer employed by the club....

[/quote]I don''t think so. Chester wasn''t working at Newcastle when Hughton was manager there in the summer of 2010, when they were strongly linked with van Wolfswinkel. It came to nothing and Hughton was later sacked. At Birmingham he obviously wasn''t in a position to pursue any interest but did once he arrived at Carrow Road. The common factor is Hughton rather than Chester.

Just to dispel the murmurs about being dropped he was given "leave" because he has become a father for the first time.

I was googling him to see whether he had scored yet over there and came across an article talking about him & Max Gradel (remember him?) missing from the last weekend matches

Get your point jtbk, fair comment - I seem to give Managers and players more than enough time to prove themselves.

As for Chestnut Canary...so how come you know how many times a season I visit Carrow Road? ....and, what gives you the right to judge me? I will wait for your answer, but like a couple of other cowards on here, I guess it wont come!