Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Last night and two memories of relegated teams..

Does anybody else remember when West Ham got relegated and were so Billy Big Bolloks that they refused to use Rotherham''s facilities and got changed at a local hotel? West Ham went on to lose the match 1-0 and were a bit of a laughing stock. Last night when trundling around the ground before kick I passed by the dressing rooms where Norwich were getting ready for the warm up. Although I''m sure these facilities were fine they certainly wouldn''t have been what some of our players had been used to. But there was no attitude, full respect to our hosts and Bradley proudly led us out to win the game.

Secondly does anybody else remember going to Luton shortly after we were relegated in 2005? We didn''t win the battle to earn the right to play and were 4-0 down by half-time. In the end we lost 4-2. A slight second half comeback but having earlier lost the battle we lost the war. Nothing like that last night as BJ and Tettey gave as good as they got in the midfield and the whole team were honest and gave everything.

Last night was a good old fashioned football match where we showed the opposition full respect and went on to win as they tired and our quality shone through. We will sometimes lose these games this season but if we stay honest we won''t lose too many.

I can laugh now about that Luton game, Rob Green tripping over his own feet and the ball sailing over him into the net.

I think Ryan Jarvis scored too....could be my memory..

I remember the Luton game well. Jarvis did score along with Ashton. Plus Davenport was sent off too. It seemed like everytime Luton attacked they scored in the first half.