Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Griffin Park

Not sure when we will play there again but a fantastic ground- first time there last night would heartily recommend it. Pubs on all corners of the ground that welcomed away fans and standing!

Also to the moron pair in who nearly started a fight with the people next to me for knocking into them when celebrating- either go in a section with seats or stand with the barrier behind you not directly infront of you. Bellends.

Doubt if we will ever play there again unless we get them in the cup this year as they are having a new 20,000 capacity ground built.

Enjoyed this ground and the way the fans treated us. The pubs we went in were very welcoming and everyone we spoke to wanted to talk football.

They obviously realised there would be a lot of us in the N500 section so surrounded us with stewards, put the usual netting over the seats and allowed us to stand and sing with the Norwich fans.

Thanks Brentford and good luck this season. Hopefully our fans will give them the same welcome when they come to Carrow Road.

Downside of the day was a nine hour journey home due to roadworks, diversions then a puncture!!

My first time here and it was a pleasure. Never seen more great friendly pubs so close to a ground and in the surrounding area.Agree that the stewards were first class - plenty of smiles and banter ( something the away stewards at Carrow Rd might like to think about )Griffin Park is a lovely old ground which reminded me of Loftus Rd. Glad I had a seat as the view from the terrace underneath wasn''t great but it''s good that there are still grounds where you have a choice whether to sit or stand.