Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

wake up you lot!

why is it that after 4 results that havent gone our way you call for the managers head? what worthy has achieved in 5 years here is amazing, its time to get behind him, not get at him. he has brought in a lot of new players and it takes time for them to gel, the trouble is a lot of city fans now expect too much! we will still be in the top 6 at the end of the season. why do so many of you think we have a god given right to win this league again? it is never gonna be that easy!

Wolves & Leicester fans were probably saying the same thing last season. The thing is at what point do you stop looking back at past achivements?

I agree it''s too early to start getting desparate but it''s obvious where the problems lie at the moment and yet we seem to spending money on another striker. Norwich fans expect this season because we have a very good squad and we are no longer just a dark horse

I think that its good that many real supporters, those that pay good money, travel and care passionately about our great club are asking for his head.  Whilst Worthy should be applauded for turning us around, he has taken us as far as he can, its time for some new direction.

The results are not what are worrying me, its some of his signings, tactics and constant excuses. Jarrett and Docherty are just wasted pennies, why do we need Morrison when it is obvious that a good strong centre half is needed the most?

Again, cheers Nigel, but City are now a club which should be trying to attract good professionals.  Not only that, we are now a club with great support, great finances and a great future, but not with Worthy in charge.

Fluff - Yes we are a club that should be attracting good professionals but at what stage is it Worthys fault or the boards.  He can only work with what the board allows him to spend and even Arsen Wenger could not spend no more if he was here with the reigns that the board insist he wears. 

I''m a ''real supporter, that pays good money, travel and cares passionately about our great club'' but am NOT asking for his head.

I remember when a lot of fans were saying that Mike Walker thought he was too big for the club and walked away (and that didn''t work out). There have been numerous players who have thought themselves too big for NCFC but now it sounds as though some fans think that the club and themselves have got too big for Worthington.

A team that will confidently hold it''s own in the Premiership, having got there, is far from built, and I think you would be naive to think that Worthington does not already know that!

[quote]I think that its good that many real supporters, those that pay good money, travel and care passionately about our great club are asking for his head. Whilst Worthy should be applauded for turning us...[/quote]

And get in who?  No answers so far. 

[quote]I''m a ''real supporter, that pays good money, travel and cares passionately about our great club'' but am NOT asking for his head. I remember when a lot of fans were saying that Mike Walker thought he ...[/quote]

Well said CFE.  A ray of common sense.

Neither am I!And from what I''ve read and seen, it would appear our "super strike force", which would "tear defences apart" isn''t quite working as it should right now. We''ve conceeded a goal a game, which isn''t great, but I think once the team settles this will slow.However, I think a new striker is a good move, if we could score more goals, the random penalty decision/mistake that causing us to leak a goal would become irrelevant!It disgusts me that some people are calling for worthy''s head 4 games in, thats bearly long enough for the new players to move in, let alone settle into the squad!ChunkyOTBC!

Short memories indeed. What would these people be saying if we had now been sitting on 9 or so points from 4 games ? You cannot judge a managers future after 4 games into the season, get behind him, stop booing the players off the pitch at home games and give the players some large !

We will come good given a little time. Ashton will probably go, but we will make some good money from him [thanks to Worthy] and will strenghten again. Also, where was Ashton when we got to Cardiff and were promoted as Champions, we can survive without him !

Delias 38G''s

It is too soon to call for worthys head and to be honest there is not an obvious alternative;  but then was there when we appointed worthy?  he was on very few our shopping lists at that stage but look where he has taken us - who is to say another new face wont do the same?  When shopping for players who came up with the safris, colins, marneys, bentelys of this world - very few fans, but the club did.  As such I would trust the club to find another custodian who they felt would take us forward should the day come when worthy does leave.

However the signs are clearly there to be worried about.  Poor team selections, tactical concerns and poor passing from a ''footballing'' team are a worry.  Combined with a desire to buy a new striker when defence and midfield need strengthening and the defence need coaching is a worry.

I want worthy to listen to what is being said here and to open his eyes to some of his players performances and address those problems.  If he can figure out how to dominate midfield while playing hux on left midfield ad still not over expose left back (I do not have a coaching qualification but have made suggestions, worthy and his team do so they should find the solutions) then we will all be happy - but he has had this issue for a year and we have gone bckwards not forward despite playing against teams of lesser ability compared to last august.  Ditto the defence when it seems the on f in ing is king.

He deserves a fair crack this season and his time is not yet up - but owlong is that piece of string, because if we do not make it this season key personnel will leave in jan or next summer making promotion in 2007 even harder to acheive - and so begins another 9 year cycle as we rebuild from a nil base.

OTBC    

Regardless of whether you want worthington in or out.. take it as red that there would be a huge number of applicants crawling over broken glass to take over the reins of this fantastic football club. 26,000 sell out crowds guaranteed, 6 or 7 top qulaity players, money to spend... sleeping giant in every sense of the word. No ''suggestions''. just let the bees come to the honey.

[quote]And get in who? No answers so far.[/quote]

First off I''m not advocating that Worthy should go but.....I have a question for those who post here that believe that "Worthy can do no wrong". Note that I''ve put that last bit in quotes as I''m trying to be tongue in cheek.At what point would you consider Worthy to outlived his tenure at the club?Several posters continue to remind us that he took the club from bottom of the table obscurity under Hamilton to Premiership participants. But when would you consider a change from his style of team management, if ever?...

[quote]And get in who? No answers so far.[/quote]

And which CB or CM are we going to sign?

Apparaently none because none are "available"??????

I completely agree with baldyboy.

Let''s get behind Nigel and the team and stop moaning.

It is never easy comming down. We must be patient.