Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Forest

[quote user="city4eva"]forest only had 5 shots on target[/quote]Didn''t Fulham have a goalkeeper?

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="city4eva"]forest only had 5 shots on target[/quote]Didn''t Fulham have a goalkeeper?[/quote]Rush goalie perhaps?

I''m not unhappy about Forest winning and going top, it keeps us on our mettle.

A good rivalry will help us get promoted and we''ve had some great games against Forest in the past - it''s a great away game too.

Goals conceded is a good indicator of how things might go and in that respect our clean sheet last night was important, I hope we are finally sorting our defence out because that was the only area of concern for me.

Adams has the right attitude and at this stage it is all about getting wins and letting the league sort itself.

We still haven''t got into our stride, I feel, and we have some key players to come back.

I think the most disappointing thing about this result is not that we are no longer top, there''s going to be plenty of that this season, but rather that the loss for Fulham increases the chances that Magath will have been sacked before we go to the Cottage. It''d be typical of the Fulham hoodoo that we get the new manager bounce when we go there...

[quote user="city4eva"]forest only had 5 shots on target[/quote]

people study stats and pour over things like number of accurate passes, possession etc.. the only stat that matters is the score...

if you have 100 shots and 98% posession you can still lose to a team with 1 shot and 2%...

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

people study stats and pour over things like number of accurate passes, possession etc.. the only stat that matters is the score...

if you have 100 shots and 98% posession you can still lose to a team with 1 shot and 2%...

[/quote]

Thanks for the lesson.

My point was they had 5 shots and scored 5, that is an unusuall stat i think you would agree

[quote user="city4eva"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Thanks for the lesson.

My point was they had 5 shots and scored 5, that is an unusuall stat i think you would agree[/quote]

Or an even better ratio of no shots and one goal... http://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/

0,25212,12038_8645675,00.html

(Scroll down about six paragraphs. Sorry, I''m not good with linky things!)

I didn''t realise, although Tiger has mentioned it and on pink in article today, Birmingham this Saturday represents our first game against team in bottom 7 whereas Forest have played all the bottom 4.