Sign in to follow this  
swjf50

In the Premiership

If and when we go up, if Adams is still in charge and we are able to hang on to the players we have, do you think we would be able to play a similar way?

Having struggled week after week under Hughton''s management where we appeared to hang on playing a defensive formation and were usually outplayed. Would it be fair to suggest Adam''s tactics and formations would get us better results in the Premiership? I think so, as the saying goes, the best form of defense is attack. Give the opposition something to worry about ie our attack, then they have less time troubling our back four.

Obviously the quality of opposition is that much better in the Premiership and any mistakes you make are punished, but the onus has to be to put pressure on the other team and not invite them to attack us. I know that is blatantly obvious but to Hughton and his coaching staff it didn''t appear to be. Didn''t they believe we had good enough players to compete and play positive football in that league?

Yes and no,

Look at the way players liike Johnson, Tettey and Jerome are performing. Wouldn''t surprise me if Jermone never scored a brace in the PL. Johnson''s passing was not even average in the PL and Tettey wasn''t half as imposing. Wes also got no where near as much space.

Playing like we have been in the PL we''d have probably conceded 15 goals by now. Would be more like Blackpool in the PL than our Lambert season (or Swansea). It''s very early days for Adams and this squad, but we''ll need a lot more composure and consistency. But obviously that''s what Adams will work on when we do get promoted. Which we will. Easily.

Hi mateys I think the team would almost definable lu score more and get more wins against the bottom half the table but there would be several 5+ Goal loses against the bigger sides. I like Adams though because he is matey with the players and he doesn''t try to be more than he is

Its impossible to tell after so few games, plus of course there is a huge gap in quality between the teams we are playing this season and the majority of teams in the EPL, I agree had we played the way we have in the EPL then we would have probably shipped a fair few goals.

That said, so far so good, and I agree that even though it is early doors we will win this league, something I genuinely believed before a ball had been kicked.

Note: any comment I have made in this message is in no way intended to be negative towards Neil Adams. :-)

Certainly an interesting one for me. we basically have the very rare opportunity to see the birth and growth of a professional manager in Adams, starting with the yoof and going on now to our senior team.

throughout the year we should notice slight tweaks along the way of Adams incorporating and changing up styles as needed. This will Certainly be the case if/when we move up through the cup(s). If we come up against some stronger teams (Swansea/S''oton upwards) we will see how he copes. he certainly showed a promising glimpse of how he can cope with the massive teams during the chelsea game.

only time can tell but so far things are looking good and we should just be enjoying the ride.

Last time we got promoted, plenty on here predicted gloom and doom with immediate relegation because our free-wheeling style wouldn''t cut it in the Prem and Holt certainly wasn''t going to be very influential.

Now we''re free-wheeling again and that creeping doubt about "what will happen if" is back. But why change tack if it''s the free-wheeling what brung ya to the party?

This is the trouble with compromising the style of play in order to suit the Championship. If you emphasise the typically British aspects of the game in order to achieve promotion then you often end up struggling if you do go up. A lot of the bigger teams at this level, and also the lesser prem teams, end up playing the same way. Very few actually play a genuine passing game because it''s deemed as risky, and I can''t see Neil Adams being bold enough to break rank.

steady chapsal this talk of the PL and what we might do there will upset the ever so ''umblethere''s another 39 games toone game more than a whole season in the PL