Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Shrimper

Under 21s v Leicester

In case anyone (like me) was intent on going to see Hooper, Howson, Miquel, McGrandles, et al, in action don´t bother because, according to the Academy lady I just spoke to it´s "behind closed doors". A big shame as I was really looking forward to it but I guess I´m only a supporter so my desire to watch the reserves, & our up-and-coming youngsters, is clearly irrelevant to the club. I did suggest to the lady that it might be a good idea for the club to put something on the website but I suspect nothing will be done

[quote user="Yellow Shrimper"]In case anyone (like me) was intent on going to see Hooper, Howson, Miquel, McGrandles, et al, in action don´t bother because, according to the Academy lady I just spoke to it´s "behind closed doors". A big shame as I was really looking forward to it but I guess I´m only a supporter so my desire to watch the reserves, & our up-and-coming youngsters, is clearly irrelevant to the club. I did suggest to the lady that it might be a good idea for the club to put something on the website but I suspect nothing will be done[/quote]Yeah, that is a shame, I would have gone along to that.

I know people who were planning to go. I wonder why it''s behind closes doors? The games have been rather quiet on the club site, no info and barely any details in match reports. I wonder if we''ve got some trialists in or something?

That''s good news all round. Guess we won''t see either Hoops or How son tomorrow but guess they''ll be involved Tuesday.

How much game time did Hoops and Howson get? Full 90 or less? Should think Shrews will see them brought back into the starting lineup. Squad is going to look even better with these boys back in the fold. We really do have an outstanding squad for this level.

Scratch that, just seen the other thread that they both played 60 mins. Good to hear Howson got a couple of assists too. It''ll be interesting to see how Adams intends on keeping our midfielders happy now that we have such a wealth of talent in that area.

apparently howson was class..... hoops tried hard.... miquel looked good but a bit TOO casual at times (bassongesque) but has the pace to recover and mcgrandles a bit raw but looks Very good... according to a good friend who was watching it as works there ;)

What lady would that have been - did you go to Colney or did you phone up? I agree that the website is extremely poor regarding info for the Under 21''s - we had intended to go but plans changed at the last minute - thank goodness we didn''t - would have been extremely annoyed! We used to go and watch the "reserves" at carrow road at one time - why has it changed - irritating!!

Ha! I saw the tiger on the prowl[;)]

The reason these games aren''t well publicised is because Colney and the infrastructure aren''t designed for many more people to come to matches than usually do. If that happened it would probably become a police matter so any fixtures that are likely to draw a big crowd will be played at Carrow Road. When I ran Bayer Club I had to jump through hoops to get the big charity fun days on because of increased traffic.

On the 14th October the game against Tottenham is at Carrow Road. I believe it''s also on BT Sport. I was told entrance to the Main Stand would be £1 so hopefully it will be full right in front of the cameras.