Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

Minute silence for Hannah?

Any individual can have their own moment of silence and quiet reflection if and when they wish to. They can also offer up a prayer to any God of their own personal choice at any time.Should they wish to do this at a game of football, then its their personal decision.It is however not acceptable to ask/insist/impel 28,000 other people to share your personal moment with you and to wait in silence whilst you have it.This goes for the relatives, friends and associates of the other 500,000 people that die in the UK every year. 

Thanks for all your comments. It is probably my head trying to deal with the loss. I am not asking the club for any minutes silence before anyone wondered if i hadI was just getting opinions. My honest opinion is it probably isn''t right for Carrow Road. Many people have felt the heartache of Hannah''s sad ending of her young life (except some extremist Muslims who have flooded her tribute page on fb with Allahs words of celebration - SICK).

One thing tragedies like this does is remind me spats on the pink un between ego maniacs about trivial things - please put Your life in perspective!

Thanks all and i will be doing one thing before the match Saturday with my friends - raise a glass in here memory.

unless it transpires that she had any connection ,i.e a fan of the club, I''m not overly sure that a football ground need be the correct arena of remembrance just because it happens to be in the same county as where she was from, and indeed would her family really want it to be, if there was no connection?

you need to be careful on where to draw the line on matters such as this because if you do it for everything and everybody, connected to the club or not ,you run the risk of turning into Liverpool F.C of whom its often said have sponsered black arm bands ,such is the regularity that that club appear to be remembering something or paying respects to ,on an almost game by game basis.

It''s amazing how many people are getting uptight about this.. if their is/was a minutes silence i''d happily stand and respect it.

I''m not saying their should be one, and yes I understand thousands of people die in the UK every year, but it''s a tragic story so I can''t believe it would actually bother people if their was one?

I don''t think any poster on this thread has become "uptight" about this subject. but it''s a shame that Hannah''s shocking murder should have become the stimulus for this wider discussion. IMO a minute''s silence at the start of the game is only appropriate if the person who has died has had a long and close association with the club. However, my opinion does not detract from the fact that I feel desperately sorry for the family and friends of Hannah.

[quote user="Canary Willo"]

Think the point Morty is trying to make, and please correct me if I am wrong , is one that maybe in some circumstances, its best just to leave an opinion on such an emotive subject rather than voicing it....

Sometimes, saying nothing is better, although I doubt people on this forum would understand the need for tact and diplomacy......

[/quote]Out of curiosity was the last sentence although I doubt people on this forum would understand the need for tact and diplomacy...... deliberately supposed to be as ironically tactless and lacking in diplomacy as it came across or was this just the old case of the pot and kettle?

Good point, HCS.

It''s somewhat ironic that he''s defending the main culprit of lacking tact and diplomacy who chose to ignore the message and the spirit it was written in, and attack the messenger.

Snoots, what about this comment..?

"It is however not acceptable to ask/insist/impel 28,000 other people to share your personal moment with you and to wait in silence whilst you have it."