Sign in to follow this  
Eaton Yellow

missing today

Evening all, whilst I apreciate the comeback today I was still dissapointed with the result as I felt it was 2 points dropped, however im not goin to harp on about if and maybe''s.what I did feel was missing today in the ups and downs of the game was a leader on the pitch, I know Martin is our Captain but hes not a leader. I think the first 10 mins were crucial and someone needed to rally us on after we conceded as we went flat.

Two things...

Firstly Martin is definitely a leader. He was rallying people on he we conceded, right in front of me. He is very vocal with his team mates and leads by example. Great captain, great leader.

Secondly, and slightly sarcastically, we need to not win some games so we can finish 3rd and accidentally lose the play offs so we get another season of this next year,

Agree with OP and GP

martin clearly leads by example however maybe you need more in this division?

I''d like to nominate probably a surprise contender in Cameron jerome, you could see how he was talking to his team mates after the 2nd goal and keeping things in proportion. Failing that Bradley johnson who I believe was captain on Tuesday?

The natural leader at the club and most suited to the job is RM. A great leader does not have to be heard or indeed lead by example, but have such respect from his team that he could whisper his words and they would be heard, also whilst I do not agree a great leader needs to lead by example, surely 3 assists in our last three games is just that. The balls RM and BJ were playing yesterday and the performances they put in, were bordering on sublime, they will both do for me.

A leader''s work can be done before the performance,if he/she is that good then he/she has his/her team in such a mindset that he/she does not have to say too much during the performance as they team already know what to do, that''s a sign of a great leader, anyone can shout a lot

Spot on Ray. I am very happy with the situation we have, two very committed players who lead by example....and definitely play for the shirt!!

Thanks Dubai Mark,

I also forgot that RM did not play in the Brentford game, so I think that is 3 assists in the last 4 goals we have scored whilst he was on the pitch.

I thought he had a great game yesterday, including a great cross early doors when Grabban should have scored and not only bombing on but also taking on and beating the full back with some pretty decent ball control.

IMO BJ also sprayed the ball around very well and apart from Hoops, who looked out of sorts, but then he was an injury doubt anyway, I thought they all put in a decent shift.

The difference the right mindset has, and that comes from the management and the captian, is obvious to all. I think it is 3 times we have gone behind this season, and 2 of those by 2 goals, and we have come away with 7 points, What a difference over last season when we had CH and SB!

OK we can debate why we are going behind, but based on current performance, it almost doesn''t matter, as the same performance throughout the season would give us 107 points!