Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

A game of two halves....

We now have a negative goal difference from the first halves of our fixtures. F4 A6. But for the second halves we have a tremendously positive difference. F13 A1. I know it''s still early days but I can''t ever remember such a pronounced difference between the halves before. The positive vibe from it all is that we leave each game on a high. Especially yesterday where it''s far better to win a point from 0-2 than drop two from 2-0.

We''ve also drawn the last two home games but got two thumping victories away from home. The home fans will begin to feel left out!

Neil clearly needs to give his half-time team talk before the game.

Perhaps he can''t tell the time? We''ll find this football lark much easier if we play in both halves.

The thing is, what if we play a cup game and go into extra-time............... then it''s a game of four halves and we won''t know what the hell to expect................

Mark .Y. wrote the following post at 21/09/2014 7:20 PM:

The thing is, what if we play a cup game and go into extra-time............... then it''s a game of four halves and we won''t know what the hell to expect................

don,t tempt fate

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

We now have a negative goal difference from the first halves of our fixtures. F4 A6. But for the second halves we have a tremendously positive difference. F13 A1. I know it''s still early days but I can''t ever remember such a pronounced difference between the halves before. The positive vibe from it all is that we leave each game on a high. Especially yesterday where it''s far better to win a point from 0-2 than drop two from 2-0.

We''ve also drawn the last two home games but got two thumping victories away from home. The home fans will begin to feel left out!

[/quote]Win at home and draw away or win away and draw at home?Makes no difference, it''s promotion form whatever way you look at it.

For me sat was an odd one;  plenty of frustrating passages but we were by some margin the better side.

However there did appear to be some complacency with some lack of movement,  not quite the same energy levels and an over willingness from the full backs to get forward,  with both but esp olsson, leaving huge gaps in behind.  For me both goals conceded were due to lax defending across the back 4 and the central midfielders.

Despite this we had 3 excellent chances from grabban, tettey and redmond with only redmond forcing a save.     On another day we would have gone in ahead,  especially had grabban not gone for the spectacular miss while still 0-0.

I am not too worried - I maintain that teams will come and close the spaces  and get men behind the ball.  This may work first half but the second we will see tiring legs.     What that does mean is that our defenders have to be on top of  their game to ensure soft goals are not conceeded - as with sat that lack of focus and drive will cost us points.