Sign in to follow this  
havemyhowsonit

Redmond is pointless!

Just a vent from some ex pat pi55ed because he cant get streams anymore. Nothing to see here.

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/829972/Live/England-Championship-2014-2015-Norwich-Birmingham

Redmond easily our best player yesterday, statistically at least.

Although i must admit i feel a little dirty saying this but i agree 100% with Morty on this one!Anyone that thinks Murphy is anywhere near the level of Redmond needs their head examined.  Redmond was superb yesterday!  Brum had no idea how to handle him and his ability to go on the outside or cut in onto his left foot (was really unlucky not to see that shot nestle in the bottom corner) left their fullback dazzled.  On the other side Murphy simply looked average at best: im trying not to be too hard on him due to his age but he really didn''t offer anywhere near the same threat.  To say that he had the Brum defenders running scared is a nonsense.  Tried a few tricks, none of them came off and really looked a bit lost.  There were of course some nice passages of play but it was very hit and miss.  The length of the pitch chase back for a lost ball was great, but was probably due to a serious bollocking for not chasing back the previous half hour!  Looks like he really needs to go out to a League One side on loan and get up some confidence.

Also, Tettey looks the absolute dog''s nuts at this level!  And what the hell has happened to Johnson?!  Suddenly spraying inch perfect 50 yarders as if hes been spending the summer with Beckham, Pirlo and good ol'' Chippy!  Still has a tendency to leave his man however: did it against Cardiff and did it again yesterday.  Chases his man up until about 30-35 yards out and then just stops and leaves it to the centre backs. :S

Wes has been his frustrating self this season and yet no one has a dig at his poor passing & goals given away thanks to him.

Redmond & Murphy turned the game yesterday as we kept wide and gave space to Grabban and Jerome.

Both had great second halves and I for one would play Wes on Tuesday and start Redmond & Murphy next Saturday at Blackpool.

Really wish people would gie the lad the break you give to a very overrated Wes Hoolahan.

I agree Indy, both guys looked very dangerous in possession and also worked hard making themselves available when without the ball. Redmond embarrassed the Brum defenders several times and Murphy showed skilful touches. Neither are the finished article and I am just grateful that Murphy is being given the chance to come through. Someone likened him to a young Ruel Fox recently and I am inclined to agree with that.

Although I agree about Redmond, I would also say Wes has been fantastic in some of the games, but yes he was terrible yesterday as well as the first half v Cardiff. Yet I don''t think we should be pointing out scapegoats just for the sake of it, yes wes was poor for the first half of the last few games, but he''s also been instrumental in our comebacks as well

Even though he had a poor first half MrsM, he still created for us. I didn''t feel that we were poor as team first half either, Birmingham didn''t exactly dominate and were fortunate with the first goal.

We were also off colour in front of goal, barely forcing a save out of their keeper.

I agree with your point regarding looking for scapegoats, nothing to be gained from it. Adams said in interview, post match, that Wes was passed fit to play and wanted to play, that proved to be too much for him and Wes himself admitted at half time he was "tired". Probably saved Adams the decision and was refreshing to see honesty from Wes, and honesty from Adams.

I wasn''t making Wes a scapegoat but that he''s been as awful at times as Redmond yet not one thread slating Wes.

I believe we look a real threat with pace and power as much as we do when we need guile which Wes brings at times.

Redmond has been as much part of our success as anyone, it''s a team game and at times ghe finger pointed at any of our players.

Time to enjoy the performances and 8 games unbeaten is great.

Oh my god

Ridiculous argument.

He ripped apart their left full back in the second half once instructions were given not to swap sides and come inside.

J Murphy came on and his pace caused problems and you saw his naiveity, being about the same age as Redmond it proves where Redmond is.

Getting wes off was critical and I was surprised no VOO but happy with how Redmond performed. I hope Adams now has seen that Redmond taking on a full back is what we need not coming inside.

It was the tactics that changed and forced them double teaming Redmond in the second half.

In the history of wingers at Ncfc he has something to learn but as a wide player he was our best yesterday by a country mile.

Well I''ll go with what stan collymore said after the united game

Judge him over the season.

So that''s 1 in 8 good games so far. Looking good....

Murphy makes more impact than Redmond fact. Albeit off the bench

You just see what you want to see chap - the fact you say "fact" against opinion without offering any proof says it all for me.

Redmond is getting better and better, and now seems to be consistently making goals. I like Murphy as well, but Redmond is starting to do the business, which makes the timing of your comments all the more bizarre.

You don''t ring into Canary Call by any chance do you?

Thought Redmond was superb against Birmingham. The coaching from Neil Adams was there for to see - and the extra practice he''s been doing with Hucks after training is paying off too. The lad is on the up!

Personally I was disappointed with Josh Murphy''s performance. Tired quickly and had the look of someone who thinks he''s a better player than he currently is. Josh has got all the raw material though - he''s an exciting prospect.

No ''facts'' exist Alartz - you''re merely sharing your opinion. Just like all the rest of us on here!

No ''facts'' exist Alartz - you''re merely sharing your opinion. Just like all the rest of us on here!

Now thats a Fact.

[quote user="Indy"]No ''facts'' exist Alartz - you''re merely sharing your opinion. Just like all the rest of us on here!

Now thats a Fact.[/quote]

Yeah fair point

Redmond has started improving with every game...  And apart from the coaching, I think there is another, logical reason.. Anyone else noticed he''s bought some new boots shortly after the beginning of this season? Simple black ones rather than the usual multicoloured things they all usually wear. Maybe theres something in that - seems to coincide with him being able to cross the ball..?

[quote user="penrosecdp"]Redmond has started improving with every game... 
And apart from the coaching, I think there is another, logical reason.. Anyone else noticed he''s bought some new boots shortly after the beginning of this season? Simple black ones rather than the usual multicoloured things they all usually wear. Maybe theres something in that - seems to coincide with him being able to cross the ball..?
[/quote]

When I was a kid I loved Billy''s Boots, maybe Nathans found them.

[quote user="penrosecdp"]Redmond has started improving with every game...  And apart from the coaching, I think there is another, logical reason.. Anyone else noticed he''s bought some new boots shortly after the beginning of this season? Simple black ones rather than the usual multicoloured things they all usually wear. Maybe theres something in that - seems to coincide with him being able to cross the ball..? [/quote]

Pretty sure the amount of money they get paid and talent footballers have

They should really be able to do it in slippers or wellingtons