Sign in to follow this  
havemyhowsonit

Redmond is pointless!

Goal!

Goal! Norwich City 2, Birmingham City 2. Cameron Jerome (Norwich City) header from the centre of the box to the top left corner. Assisted by someone pointless with a cross.

Did you watch the game today?

Did you see how many players he can beat? Nearly scored today after going on a long run. Played some great crosses as well, much like last week. He''s hitting some form now which is nice, he''s doing the right things where he''s not always cutting inside and having a shot, but getting to that byline and getting in some great balls into the box. Wes on the other hand was terrible today, yet as we all know, he will have those sorts of games.

Get off Redmond''s back because the criticism it''s not warranted.

Really impressive with Redmond today. We''re starting to see some end product at last!

Completely agree with the positive comments. Redmond spent far more time taking on his full back and trying to get crosses in (some of which were excellent today!). Great display from the lad, if he keeps playing in the style he did today we''ll have a top player on our hands in the future.

Played very well today and looked dangerous every time he had the ball. Thought he should have nicked it at the end with the run and shot that went wide.

Brilliant feet. Several times he left defenders on their backsides as he nipped the ball past them, looks very effective on the right.

His best game by some distance today. A shade unlucky not to score. I think the lad is finally learning from his mistakes, good to see.

Best performance from Redmond that I''ve seen for quite a while. Some real quality crosses going in gave them plenty to worry about.

Strange timing for this post considering his performances have clearly improved over the last few matches

Redmond and Murphy on the wings made us look very dangerous.I have always been very anti Murphy. In that I dont think we should rush him, however after today I feel a bit sorry for E.Benno and think Murphy should be given a pat on the back.

You know when I call people a c*ck, and then everyone makes a fuss about it?Just sometimes people say "yeah, actually, I know where morty is coming from there"

I don''t see how anybody could watch that game and say Redmond wasn''t good today.

A constant menace, everything we did well sent through him and his crosses were superb. Hooiveld should''ve scored at least two headers from his corners.

Murphy did ok too, although at this stage I think he''d be better off used coming off the bench, he did seem to tire as the half went on

Having a beer reading

Anyway. Redmond still couldn''t score in a brothel

Best game he''s had this season that''s 1 game in 8.

Even though still think he was poor today probably not as bad as hoolahan

Usual stalwarts on here that won''t have a bad word said against a Norwich player.

Well played josh Murphy. Made an instant impact again

I will repeat what I have previously written about Redmond:

The most similar player to Redmond that we have had in the past in my opinion is Ruel Fox.

Ruel did a very good job for us. He was a very fast right winger who improved the more he played.

But he was not played as an inverted winger, or as a striker, or asked to play up front on his own .......... he was a right winger who leaned his trade and made the position his own.

Redmond seems to be asked to do a different job every match.

He is becoming a Jack of all Trades and Master of none.

I would prefer him to learn one job well.

Stop messing him about, play him on the right wing, leave him there and let him learn that position.

He will then be a very good player.

Hopefully the manager will continue to develop him as a right winger ....... it is paying dividends.

He is getting better all the time and what we are watching is the development of raw talent into a composed quality footballer.

He still needs to be more prepared to defend when required but his overall game is becoming much more balanced and I think under the wing of Adams he will become a star.

Pointless Alartz aside, I agree Redmond looks good playing as a "non-inverted" winger - BUT seems capable of cutting in and hitting it with his left as well.

Crossing accuracy has improved with his right foot, so maybe Adams has found his best position.