Sign in to follow this  
The Polar Bears Made Me Do It

Is Cameron Jerome our new talisman?

Is he the new Holt? It certainly looks like it to me!

For those who had their heads turned by the big money signing of the Big Bad Wolf (ad still cling to the belief that the team just didn''t make the most of his particular brand of football genius) its time for wakeup call. This is what a centre forward looks like, this is what a striker does. Scores goals for fun, physically dominates the opposition and gives 100% to the final whistle - the 20m sprints to close down defender or challenge for a 50/50 ball.

Personally, I''d like to see Lafferty played along side him in a central berth. Grabban may yet turn out to be a flash in the pan - a purple patch at very start of his Canary career followed by little else of note. He is far too profligate in front of goal, he waste''s chance after chance.

And way down the pecking order is the massively over-rated Hooper. Hopefully he will follow Wolf out of the door some time soon.

I certainly agree with the general thrust of what you are saying here....BUT, "massively over-rated Hooper"....by whom? I think the majority of City fans will be expecting him to make an impact when he gets his turn in the side, he has history at this level and it will be a major surprise if he fails.

He''s the guy in form at the moment, but i''d need to see more of him. As for dismissing Grabban so quickly, how ridiculous! If he''s not quick then the pope ain''t catholic. Yes he''s a bit wasteful occasionally and not the most technically efficient, but he reminds me of Beckford at Leeds. His pace has and will damage more teams in this league.

Saying that, I hope Hooper plays on tuesday and puts the pressure on Grabban for Saturday.

Yes Jim, good post.

It is also good to see BOTH strikers hitting the net and forcing the question into a who do I drop decision for Adams, rather than a who IS going to score.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Cricket, Redmond must be the Norfolk Ronaldo then![/quote]

Why did you bother with this tedious attempt at humour ? Why not be a bit more creative and watch paint dry. [:P]

Watching Jerome, Grabbs and Lafferty just confirms how bad RVW was.

RVW couldn''t control the ball, his first touch was woeful, he was weak in the air, he was weak on the ground, he was slow, he couldn''t take players on, in reality Gary Doherty was a more competent centre forward.

I''m not saying Lafferty, Jerome or Grabbs will score goals for fun in the Premier League but they would all do a job. Much like Simeon Jackson and Steve Morison.

Can you name 1 game in which RVW actually troubled the back four? Or even kept the back four on their toes?

To think the combined fee for Jerome, Grabbs and Lafferty is pretty much the same (maybe even less) that what we paid for "the big bad wolf".

Spot on Stan. We can only comment on what we''ve seen from the forwards who have played in the PL for us. I think our biggest failing was that in the 6 PL transfer windows we didn''t once improve our striking options from Holt, Morison and Jackson who came up with us. Last season was sooooo frustrating because we''d actually finally spent a lot of money trying to do so.

CJ looks like a quality striker. Big player and big character! Always like having a big centre forward, but impressed with his effort and ability.

Yup - I sense a new talisman, and crowd favourite.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]To be fair Grabban should be on the same number of goals were it not for Turner''s steal ![/quote]

That wasn''t a steal, Grabban missed it! If Turner wasn''t there it either would have gone past the far post or off one of the Cardiff players. It was really fizzed across by Tettey so it was a pretty decent piece of anticipation for a big central defender!

CJ certainly looking the part and easily our best striker this year.

Agree with A1 that grabban missed that chance turner took,   and the miss on sat was poor,   had we taken the lead we would have comfortably won the match.    Crucial error.

Personally I would go back to a 4231 with CJ at the point. 

[quote user="a1canary"]

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]To be fair Grabban should be on the same number of goals were it not for Turner''s steal ![/quote]

That wasn''t a steal, Grabban missed it! If Turner wasn''t there it either would have gone past the far post or off one of the Cardiff players. It was really fizzed across by Tettey so it was a pretty decent piece of anticipation for a big central defender!

[/quote]I don''t agree with that, the ball was definitely going in before Turner made sure.

Everything happens for a reason. Turner was meant to score that goal so that our fantastic PUPs could get another £17 for the CSF. Talking of which where have you been Star..

[quote user="a1canary"]

I can settle this, thanks to our Cardiff friend with his pictures from the game.

Consider where Tettey cross the ball from, then look at this:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/joncandy/15040046130/

If Turner''s not there, that ball goes all across the goal

[/quote]Lol come on, it''s absolutely impossible to tell from the angle in that photo!!!Whereas the highlights video clearly shows the Grabban''s mishit was going in anyway.Nigel, I rarely venture on here nowadays but if I am about when the next thread starts I''ll get back to picking.

A1 - watch the highlights. It was 100% going to trickle in from Grabban before Turner rightfully made sure.

That said, I think he missed a sitter against Birmingham on Saturday!

I''m not one to trawl up old posts but I think it was Ricardo who referred to CJ as our new Grant Holt after the Brentford game.

But well worth a thread and yes, he is looking like it, especially when he told the media his priority was getting NCFC promoted.

This could be one of those perfect fits and you have to ask, has Jerome yet fulfilled his potential? He could do so here. The touches for his last two goals were something I never knew he had in his locker.