Sign in to follow this  
Canary Wanderer

Where is Sebastian Bassong

Seb seems to have left the building at the moment ? No talk of being transferred out or loaned out ? I don''t believe he is injured ? Not mentioned in U21 set up ? Any Ideas anyone.

Maybe a chant tomorrow -

"Where''s Sebastian Gone" - to the tune of where''s your mother gone ??

[quote user="Canary Wanderer"]If so - Why not loan him out - even to Lowestoft ??[/quote]

you can only loan them out if someone wants to take them

Hi mateys I would say that lowestoft would take him out on loan if the option was there he would be good first team cover. I have seen basing out in Norwich after the ipswich game he was in Cubas with jerome, grabban and Johnson.

Definitely good enough when he''s got his attitude right but unfortunately he seems to have a big problem in that department.

Hey, you didn''t ring into Canary Call recently did you?

The mind boggles. He clearly gets on with the squad, notably the new signings. He isn''t even a bad player either. I hope he gets a game versus the Shrews, if anything to put him in the shop window. We''ll end up with a Becchio type mistake soon where we have to loan him to Rotherham probably still paying most of his wages. It''s the one black mark remaining on our season so far really dealing with Bassong.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]The mind boggles. He clearly gets on with the squad, notably the new signings. He isn''t even a bad player either. I hope he gets a game versus the Shrews, if anything to put him in the shop window. We''ll end up with a Becchio type mistake soon where we have to loan him to Rotherham probably still paying most of his wages. It''s the one black mark remaining on our season so far really dealing with Bassong.[/quote]

Sorry, he is disrespectful to our manager, he is relegated to obscurity, the remaining first team squad appear to have excellent team spirit and togetherness and work for that manager as a team. No way should he be allowed anywhere near the first team squad. He has proven it before with all teams he has played for, he is a first season wonder. Get rid as soon as possible.

I don''t think what happened is a black mark on our season. In fact quite the contrary. Bassong is a player and he was disrespectful to the new manager, apparently in front of other squad members, This allowed Adams to stamp his authority. In that one moment he showed he had the balls for the fight and that he is not to be messed with, which is imperative if his diccissions are not to be questioned.

If there was any way of getting him off the wage bill it would have happened. The solution must surely be for him to get up off his arse and start putting in a shift at training to earn his crust and a place back in the team.If he does not want to play in this Norwich team at the moment it is shocking reflection on his attitude and lack of judgement.

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]apparently rotting in the reserves I have been informed :)

Well as the " reserves" are now the u21''s .... And he has been nowhere near to playing in that group ,,,, I would suggest that he is rotting somewhere even further afield ![/quote]

He was pretty close to them today buddy. But even so I wasn''t quick enough to have a word[;)]

I don''t know what the story is but I wish him no harm. As a Barry Butler winner he''s in a select group of Canaries.

I don''t think that anybody really wishes him any harm NN

I think it''s more the hurt that he doesn''t seem to care much about our beloved club that irks people .

You only have to look at the way some fans reacted to Grant Holt when it appeared he wanted to turn his back on us ,, he was a lot more important and influential to the club than Bassong .

I don''t know whether he cares about the club buddy. What I do know is he was really close with Chris Hughton. Bassong always seems a likeable guy to me. But then I like Chris Hughton too. Always honest when I heard him speak. Winning football matches is a different matter. I guess they all get paid well enough to put up with the spite when things go wrong. Anyway, this old clip from football focus will give you a little insight into the relationship Bassong and Hughton had : -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWV3wnhYDcw

Aw, that''s really lovely and liberal of you, Nigel.

Hughton, will still be on our payroll and his new clubs, where Bassong (another on our payroll) will likely join him.

My old footballing heart really bleeds for ''em.

ffs

Who are you calling liberal Tory Boy? ;)

If you come back to PUPs and look after the league tables I''ll make up something evil about Bassong and Hughton. Deal?

From my understanding he is currently doing the bare minimum to comply with his contract, ie turning up, going through the motions of training on his own/with the youngsters, then going home.

Apparently he''s a stubborn lad who has refused to move unless it is for the same wages he is on and is quite happy to sit and collect his wages until January.

I believe that the club has tried everything they can to get him off the wage bill but his attitude has meant that there has been a distinct lack of interest.

Expect him to run down his contract and would reckon that we are never likely to see him in a Norwich shirt again, even with the mother of all injury crisis.

Reading between the lines Becchio started preseason in a similar position, knowing that he was not part of the managers plans, but he worked hard in training and Rotherham were prepared to take a chance on him.

Most clubs have one or two similar situations where a player falls out of favour for whatever reason, and all we have is snippets of hearsay or speculation I guess.

We know that Bassong was close, very close to Chris Houghton, and had a very indifferent season last season (along with the majority of the squad), he was apparently disrespectful to the Manager which just is not acceptable, and the club has signed more quality CB''s, so its no surprise he finds himself out in the cold.

Its all a shame really, because he was certainly one of the very best CB''s to have ever pulled on a City shirt in that first season, something many seem to forget.....but, that''s history and we now have a situation that needs closure and I hope he moves on quickly, if that''s possible and to a decent club as he is actually a very decent player.

As an aside... he is not the only player to have been disrespectful to the manager or club in recent history is he :-)

All well and good him being one of "Hughton''s boys" but it''s no excuse to give up. Redmond was one of Hughtons boys, probably more so than Bassong but he''s still turning up and putting a shift in.