Sign in to follow this  
pete

Hughton favourite for Fulham job

In a funny kind of way, I''m glad that Hughton had such a poor season and we eventually went down. Say we had survived and Hughton was still manager, the liklihood is that we would have another dire season floating in and around the bottom three. Dead wood like Snoopers and RvW might still be here and as fans we would be having another horrible season. As it is we''ve got a strong team, are in a great position to build for the future.

There really is some deeply ignorant and obnoxious people on here who should be really ashamed of their malicious comments and need to take a good hard look at themselves. They are clearly less than perfect themselves and in no position to criticise anyone.

Hughton would''ve been sacked had we just stayed up (although i don''t expect people to believe me because no one believes anyone who says they have a source, which is rightly met with a big sigh),

On a side note, Fer is playing well for QPR

[quote user="T"]There really is some deeply ignorant and obnoxious people on here who should be really ashamed of their malicious comments and need to take a good hard look at themselves. They are clearly less than perfect themselves and in no position to criticise anyone.[/quote]Well said. Most of the "arguments" of the "terminally dim" - as City 1st might label them - are so full of holes, that anyone who even attempts to address them deserves an award for showing tolerance and stamina way beyond the call of duty.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Hughton would''ve been sacked had we just stayed up (although i don''t expect people to believe me because no one believes anyone who says they have a source, which is rightly met with a big sigh),

On a side note, Fer is playing well for QPR[/quote]I believe you as I know it is fact....he was going whatever

The problem with Hughton for me was that there was never any progression. He bought in some players who on player looked terrific, but we actually seemed less convincing than the lower league team assembled by Lambert. He didn''t seem to learn from this and tactical limitations, especially lack of imagination with substitutions, stifled us. We only seemed to beat teams who had an off day and there was little resilience. With the resources made available to him and the turmoil at a number of other clubs in the Prem, it was a significant underachievement. Although I do not look fondly on his time with us I would not begrudge him if he manages to be a success in his next job, although his reputation must have been severely tarnished.

A guy I play golf with, who is a life long Newcastle supporter even though he''s lived in Norfolk for many years, said he''d have Hughton back right now.

Actually, for anybody who can have a sensible argument without clearly having a vendetta against Hughton would know that he came to Norwich with a very good record of attacking football, was loved by Birmingham fans and Newcastle fans, and is highly respected throughout the football world as a man of honesty and dignity.

Something a lot of people on here could learn from.

[quote user="city4eva"][quote user="mrs miggins"]Hughton would''ve been sacked had we just stayed up (although i don''t expect people to believe me because no one believes anyone who says they have a source, which is rightly met with a big sigh),

On a side note, Fer is playing well for QPR[/quote]I believe you as I know it is fact....he was going whatever[/quote]True.On that Radio Norfolk close season phone-in Delia confirmed that the Board were going to release Hughton whatever happened. So it''s no secret.

Yes but the board would say that to appease the fans......not sure they would have been that sure had Hughton kept us up. They have a history of sticking by managers until there is no choice.

But this is all history and I for one hope Hughton gets the Fulham job as Bassong will be on his list.

Hopefully Bassong won''t be going to a championship club because he would be a beast in this league. However, as Fulham are so $hit, I don'' think it would make that much difference.

Well, from what I gather - Chris Hughton is a fairly bright bloke so he may well sit down and analyse his time here............... if he looks at where he went wrong the end result is he may make himself a much better manager for it.............. I certainly wouldn''t write off the chances of him being a decent manager in the future

Most of the posts are very diplomatic but seriosly... Hughton''s tactics are far too lame and doubtful in most ways. Though I would be happy to see him in charge for our nemesis in the past years. That would probably guarantee 6 points to city.

[quote user="Christian"]And since Bassong is Hughtons boy we could get rid of him for £1-2M.[/quote]

Not until January, loan move best option at the moment.