Sign in to follow this  
pete

Hughton favourite for Fulham job

He could likely do a decent salvage job there. Fulham seems a better fit for him, as Norwich never was, for some reason.Bassong being a start.

They''ll be looking for their sixth manager in the space of twelve months, what few fans they do have will can look forward to a restful Saturday afternoon.

I hope those other couple of chancers go with him, I''d hate to think Fulham were sold short in some way.

I find it incredulous that some on here have praised the clown for taking the Toon back to the Prem and having a decent go with Brum.

Look deeper and you will find he truly is a useless manager and yep worse than the Rodent. He trades on the nice guy image which I never will buy and has made a nice little earner on a massive con. His admirers must be Calderwood and Trollope. Now theres a couple of talented geezers.

If Bury Town even breathed in the same air as those three I''d move to the Peoples Republic of Scotland.

I thank you and bid you all a jolly good evening

Hopefully he''ll be able to go in and make a success of it. I''d like to see Bassong get another chance somewhere as well. I certainly don''t think he''s as bad as the fan base now seem to have decided that he is.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]I find it incredulous that some on here have praised the clown for taking the Toon back to the Prem and having a decent go with Brum.

Look deeper and you will find he truly is a useless manager and yep worse than the Rodent. He trades on the nice guy image which I never will buy and has made a nice little earner on a massive con. His admirers must be Calderwood and Trollope. Now theres a couple of talented geezers.

If Bury Town even breathed in the same air as those three I''d move to the Peoples Republic of Scotland.

I thank you and bid you all a jolly good evening[/quote]

In reply to Jenkins:Bury Yellow wrote the following post at 24/05/2014 7:11 PM:

Well Jenkins I was a great fan of Hughton and thought if we had been

kept him we would still be in the Prem
and heading upwards and onwards.

Technically of course Hughton did not take us down, although he did make it very difficult for another outcome after he left.

But despite the mess he made after such a good start having taken over from Paul Lambert (some or many may will disagree with the good start bit), I can certainly see that he is capable of doing a decent job for another club, and perhaps Fulham would be ideal for him......after all, regardless of what we think, his overall management performance (based on % wins) is better than Tony Pulis, and is similar to Harry Redknapp and Paul Lambert.

Am I alone in thinking that Hughton might be the sort of manager Fulham need at the moment? After the last eighteen months they need some stability and organisation and he will give certainly give them that.

Granted, it might not be very exciting football, but the objective this year must be to stay in the championship and they won’t do that if they continue to concede nearly three goals per game.

Hughton will do well in a different scenario imo.    The task he took on here was just too big and too ambitious - and the fault lies with a mixture of the board, the players not being up to the change of ethos, his own limitations, the fan''s intolerance almost from day one  - and most importantly-  the quality and resources of other clubs.    A difficult first season trying to upgrade what we had, a harder second season with the money spent not giving desired results, all in all a tough time for everyone,  but the margins were small and we didn''t quite make it over the line.   The manager takes the flack, but it is a combination of circumstances that cause a manager''s downfall. 

I personally hope he does well, as I do with players that move on from Norwich. He was not a Roeder figure - and it is hard for even me to find anything positive there -  he was dignified, honest and respectful and took us to eleventh in his first season - a fact that his detractors heap scorn on.   It just didn''t work out and we all move on.  

The funny thing is, is that if he joins a championship club, we are going to play against one of his sides this season..................

I disagree with LDC,,, Hughton was exactly a Roeded type influence on the club over the time he was here , neither were in charge as we suffered relegation ,, but both were fully culpable on the respective occasions .

Hughton destroyed the spirit of the club ,, the spirit of players and made players positions at the club untenable .

On the surface he may have appeared to be less caustic than the Rodent ,, but he was equally , if not more damaging as he was the one who lost us our place in the EPL .

Also to keep whittling on about how he achieved our higher finish than under Lambert is such a flawed argument ,, that anybody who is not mentally deranged can recall that was it not for TWO performances which were completely unlikely as they were out of keeping under Hughton we could well have been relegated instead .

I dont see Hughton ever having a successful spell as a manager ,, in fact he will do well to succeed as a pundit , even to the level of people like D Mills .

[quote] user="Barclay seats 48/49 the 3rd"]I disagree with LDC,,, Hughton was exactly a Roeded type influence on the club over the time he was here , neither were in charge as we suffered relegation ,, but both were fully culpable on the respective occasions .

Hughton destroyed the spirit of the club ,, the spirit of players and made players positions at the club untenable .

On the surface he may have appeared to be less caustic than the Rodent ,, but he was equally , if not more damaging as he was the one who lost us our place in the EPL .

Also to keep whittling on about how he achieved our higher finish than under Lambert is such a flawed argument ,, that anybody who is not mentally deranged can recall that was it not for TWO performances which were completely unlikely as they were out of keeping under Hughton we could well have been relegated instead .

I dont see Hughton ever having a successful spell as a manager ,, in fact he will do well to succeed as a pundit , even to the level of people like D Mills .[/quote]

All managers get unlikely results all the time, it''s called football, it''s unpredictable and thats why we like it.Also, why can''t a manager who has been succesful in the past (on more than one occaision) be succesful again?

Blimey Barclay seats, did he sleep with your wife or something? Its simple, we deserved to finish where we did in each of Hughton''s seasons, in the same way we deserved the league positions under Paul Lambert, and it could well have been PL who took us down had he stayed, that''s football.

Dubai Mark who took us down then Ron Saunders but perhaps you can''t remember that,Hughton was manager last year unless you have been stuck on the moon

The only " success" that Hughton could ever lay claim to , was the promotion with Newcastle ,, done with a full strength premier league squad .

The telling thing is that just into the new premier season he got the sack , due to the negative boring football he was forcing the owner and fans to endure ,, sound familiar ?

What about the success of his finishing position at Birmingham (impressive considering their financial woes), what about us finishing 11th with a team of championship players he inherited; that was a fantastic achievement.

His downfall was in the next season where he brought in players that were not up to it as well as his rigid and defensive style of play. With the players he brought in, if he was more adventurous as a manager with the attackers that we had/have, we could''ve scored and won a lot more games. Should''ve either been sacked around december or at the end of the season.

Hucks6 what a strange reply, suggest you read my post again. As for Ron Saunders? I remember him too, probably watched every home game we played under him and a large percentage away..........sometime I feel posters on here have a go just because they feel they should and think its clever rather than for any legitimate reason.

Barclay seats I understand and respect your view and have a couple of friends who feel exactly the same way too.....for me, I cant despise him and have seen better manager''s than him mess up better and stronger clubs than ours to a greater extent....he at least left us with a decent squad, which we cant say abot Peter Grant for example, and hopefully with the excellent additions since we will now see an immediate bounce back up.

[quote] user="Barclay seats 48/49 the 3rd"]The only " success" that Hughton could ever lay claim to , was the promotion with Newcastle ,, done with a full strength premier league squad .

The telling thing is that just into the new premier season he got the sack , due to the negative boring football he was forcing the owner and fans to endure ,, sound familiar ?[/quote]

Its simply not true that he was sacked by Newcastle for that reason, I was working in Newcastle when he was manager there and he wasn''t accused of being boring, most of the Newcastle fans I worked with were totally bemused by his sacking and his success is more than you claim but never mind you carry on with you crusade against him.

I have no crusade against anybody , just giving my opinion on what I perceive to be one of the most damaging tenures of a Norwich manager . you might feel that Newcastle fans rated him , and so do some Norwich fans , but it doesn''t seem to keep him in a job for long ,,, that''s not coincidence .

I also respect your opinion Dubai ,, but we see it very differently ,, but that is the joy of discussion and debate !

To mrs M ,, I would once again say that we were more than a little flattered by the 11th place finish ,, only the west brom and man city results saved us from a 17th place finish or worse .

I don''t get the spite shown towards Hughton. Despise? Really?? He was here two seasons and there was good as well as bad. But as I said on the other thread, they all get paid well enough to put up with the spite which, to be fair, for most of the time they aren''t really aware of.

[quote] user="Barclay seats 48/49 the 3rd"]I have no crusade against anybody , just giving my opinion on what I perceive to be one of the most damaging tenures of a Norwich manager . you might feel that Newcastle fans rated him , and so do some Norwich fans , but it doesn''t seem to keep him in a job for long ,,, that''s not coincidence .

I also respect your opinion Dubai ,, but we see it very differently ,, but that is the joy of discussion and debate !

To mrs M ,, I would once again say that we were more than a little flattered by the 11th place finish ,, only the west brom and man city results saved us from a 17th place finish or worse .[/quote]

I don''t ''feel'' that Newcastle fans rated Hughton, I know (as I was there at the time) that you are lying when you said he was sacked at Newcastle for boring football you should at least have the decency to acknowledge that.

But Barclay we still had to score and beat whats put out in front of us. To say that just because we beat them meant that we didn''t finish 17th is correct, but it''s good that we did beat them and therefore we ended up where we deserved to be in 11th; there were 9 teams worse than us in that season as the table shows, it wasn''t false, man c and west brom not showing up isn''t our problem, teams sometimes have a no show (like us in the first game of this season). The fact that that manager and that team finished 11th cannot be described as a fluke, you end up where you deserve after a long season and they deserve credit for it.

Given our Fulham jinx - would appointing Hughton give him an easy 3 points in October, or would he finally help us break the Craven Cottage curse?

I wonder if he will take his backroom staff with him I believe that Calderwood didn''t really help him in his stay here if I was him I would dump those two and get someone who can train the team to be more balanced in tactics