Sign in to follow this  
Swompy

Evening

Shrews fan in peace here.

Firstly, I would like to say well done to your fans for making the long trip to Salop this evening. Shrewsbury played the best football I have seen them play for a long time against a strong athletic Norwich outfit. You had your best spell in the opening 20 minutes where Lafferty should have scored. Once Shrewsbury got going though there was only going to be one winner. We have a very youthful side with our oldest defender being 22. They dealt with most of the attacks Norwich mustered. Both teams squandered good chances in the second half, but to be fair, our goalie did not have a save to make. Lafferty could well have seen red on two occasions and Adams had the sense to withdraw him before he could get himself in further bother. Hooper is carrying too much weight. On scoring a disallowed goal, a Norwich fan entered the field of play and consequently will now face a stadium ban and a significant fine.

I have no doubt you will return to the premier league this season, you were just undone by a better team on the night. Whether it was because we were playing against a better team than we are used to playing in League 2 who allowed us to play passing football or it was just a little naive on your behalf. I am sure you will return to winning ways.

Finally, I would like to comment on your away kit. If I were Adams I would be ditching this for night matches as I am sure the many misplaced passes were due to fact players struggled to distinguish between players and crowd under the flood lights.

Anyway best wishes for the rest of the season.

Thank you for your comments Swompy. Frankly it drives me nuts that with our unique colors we ever play in a change strip - even Wolves (spit) gold is far enough away from yellow to be easily recognized.

I also wondered if tonight''s "effort" was partly because we owe you one for stealing Grant Holt for 400K. :-)

In any case, the very best of luck in the next round!