Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Adam Drury retires

would be great if a coaching job back at City could be found for him, deserves something after manyhis years of loyalty here, shame he was elsewhere when he called it a day

Amazing when you consider how little we paid for him! Consistently touted as the next left back outside of the premier league. I always do wonder if he had it in him, should a Prem club have snapped him up, to be in the England squad.

Model professional who always gave his all and top bloke to match. I''ve met him several times and he always speaks highly of his time here so I wouldn''t be surprised if he ends up either working with the club or on the radio.

[quote user="The Great Wall Of Tettey"]Arguably the best 500k we''ve spent?

Over 300 games and a consistent performer who rarely put a foot wrong.....

Admirable professional and thanks for what you''ve done.[/quote]

I''d say Grant Holt pips him on that but I know what you mean.

I had my fingers crossed he would join Michael Nelson at Cambridge this year... Or even Lowestoft, playing behind Eagle... What a mature professional throughout his career. I wish Adam the best of luck with his next project...

Best memory was his goal in the 4 - 4 draw with Middlesborough. When he scored I jumped up and smashed my head on the tv unit in the One Accounts corporate box at Carrow Road... My most satisfying injury in any football ground!

If you read Huck''s book he says he couldn''t have played half as well if Adam wasn''t behind him to cover. Another one to the list of City Legend.

All the best to him, and like others above I expect it won''t be the last we see of the man in these parts.

Just a shame the footballing world didn''t get the chance to see another of Drury''s testimonials.

Loved Michael Nelson on twitter, according to EDP24:

"The best full back & 1v1 defender I have played with #Thoushallnotpass"

[quote user="spencer 1970"][quote user="The Great Wall Of Tettey"]Arguably the best 500k we''ve spent?

Over 300 games and a consistent performer who rarely put a foot wrong.....

Admirable professional and thanks for what you''ve done.[/quote]

I''d say Grant Holt pips him on that but I know what you mean.[/quote]Simply have to disagree.Drury played for us for over ten years making over 300 appearances with four goals. He one player of the season only once, perhaps a bit strange when looked back on now. He was captain of the team when they won the old Division One and promotion to the premier league. Despite being highly rated as one of the best left backs outside of the premier league he remained part of the team after relegation from the premier league and to League One and was involved in both of the promotions after wards and in retaining our premier league status at our return. During that time he never indicated he wanted to leave, never shirked any of his responsibilities and only left because his age prevented him from being effective in the premier league. A true club man.Holt on the other hand made just over 150 appearances. And left on incredibly poor terms a year after going public with moans and groans about the club. We plucked him from relative obscurity and got very little in terms of loyalty towards the end. I will never question his contribution towards our recent successes and pulling the club from the brink of disaster, but he won''t be the totally committed legend that Drury was. He didn''t suffer three relegations and remained to fight on.

What a defender I remember the winger would beat him the first time but after that he had them in his pocket. Best left back in my memory we''ve had.

All the best Adam in whatever you do absolute legend. What a relief page only loaded to Darren H gives tribute to Adam Drury my immediate reaction was AD had passed on but retirement a much better option.