Sign in to follow this  
the bristol nest

Shrews v Canaries thread

[quote user="Long drives home"]Seriously why bother entering. Just pull out of the competition.Just embarrassing. Not a single shot on target this half. Is Hughton back?[/quote]In fact all match

[quote user="KiwiScot"]10 minutes to go. Maybe time for that err...cup magic. Oh wait YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS[/quote]We are going out for sure, total and utter crap. There goes another cup run just like the last 20 years.Why not have a go and see who you get in the last 16. Pathetic

[quote user="Long drives home"][quote user="KiwiScot"]10 minutes to go. Maybe time for that err...cup magic. Oh wait YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS[/quote]We are going out for sure, total and utter crap. There goes another cup run just like the last 20 years.Why not have a go and see who you get in the last 16. Pathetic[/quote]Watch this lot get to a semi!

Absolute disgrace! Why bother winning in the last round.Complete waste of time, Shite performance not a shot on goal. Absolute digrace! Just dont enter if you dont want to be in it!

Meh. Disappointing result and performance (although not entirely unexpected when you make 11 changes). As long as we progress well in the league, then I''m not that bothered.

Just shows as always if you play your 2nd team you get put out. Arsenal, Everton, Cardiff out and Liverpool in extra time. Like others have said, chance wasted. Win for Fulham I note.

Remember that time Norwich lost to Luton in the FA Cup?
Or that time they lost to Leicster in the FA Cup?
Or that time they lost 4-0 to MK Dons (at home) in the League Cup?
I''m starting to see a pattern here...

[quote user="AJ"]Oh Norwich...[/quote] I blame that bloody kit (we were wearing the maroon). 2 games, 2 defeats. Doesn''t bode well for Saturday when we will be wearing it again (v the tangerines).

Tin pot cup. Most teams don''t care.It used to be a good competition until Prem teams started using it to play the second string. Now even Championship clubs are doing it and it has become a degraded competition. The FA Cup seems to be headed the same direction.

[quote user="ricardo"]Tin pot cup. Most teams don''t care.It used to be a good competition until Prem teams started using it to play the second string. Now even Championship clubs are doing it and it has become a degraded competition. The FA Cup seems to be headed the same direction.[/quote]
Problem with having nor reserve team football, you need to get the squad players some game time and the cup competitions are pretty much the only chance you''ll get now. 

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"]Meh. Disappointing result and performance (although not entirely unexpected when you make 11 changes). As long as we progress well in the league, then I''m not that bothered.[/quote]This.Trouble is that we wont get many fans going to this cup in future.

While not so passionate, I feel similar to Long Drives. So depressing. it''s like an annual double kick in the teeth of supporters. If City''s reserves get through a round by chance, to a man we all delude ourselves that maybe this year they care.

The only saving grace is that i think the club never really claim they give a * about cup competitions or the supporters'' hopes.

The sides we put out year after year - fine individuals, sometimes even a fair number first-teamers, but who have never played or been coached together as a team in that combination - are pretty much all we need as a statement from the board that these cups are nothing but extra training sessions.

I still act like a total idiot and dream, every time! Pathetic. Somebody please slap me next time I start to care about a cup game.

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="Phillip J Fry"]Meh. Disappointing result and performance (although not entirely unexpected when you make 11 changes). As long as we progress well in the league, then I''m not that bothered.[/quote]This.Trouble is that we wont get many fans going to this cup in future.[/quote]
Fans live in eternal optimism. We''ve had far more disappointing results (and performances) in cup competitions in the past and people still attend cups anyway. 

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="Phillip J Fry"]Meh. Disappointing result and performance (although not entirely unexpected when you make 11 changes). As long as we progress well in the league, then I''m not that bothered.[/quote]This.Trouble is that we wont get many fans going to this cup in future.[/quote]Ours have held up better than most.

Norwich are no different from any similar sized club when it comes to cup competitions. Play younger/squad players in the earlier rounds, maybe luck through to the quarter-finals and then take it seriously. 

Couldn''t give the slightest iota of a damn.About as meaningful as a friendly.