Sign in to follow this  
Muffles

Grabban or Hooper

grabban at the moment ahad of hooper who continues to underwhelm.

Personally I think we are much better structured (with the squad we have) with a 4231 and the question for me is whether its grabban or laffetry in the three - thats a much closer call - and the longer grabban does not score the better the lafferty option looks 

Hi mateys I would bench hooper because he is blinking useless and play lafferty. Hooper had a season to prove himself and the injury is just not going to help

[quote user="clarkey1972"]

^^^^^^^ what he said

How on earth can anyone say they would go with Hoops without him kicking a ball this season v a striker who hit the ground running.

Hoops will score plenty this season I''m sure, we didnt see enough of him last season to be able to have a proper opinion due to the well documented issues with the team shape etc etc

I have faith in NA to rotate as and when required

[/quote]

How did we not see enough of him last year??? He PLAYED IN 32 GAMES WITH 24 OF THEM BEING STARTS. He played in 10 more games than ANY OTHER STRIKER. Seriously, how can people be this stupid?

Er pretty sure he is referring to how the shape and mentality of the team was set up last season by Hughton. We were undoubtedly set up very defensively.

Any team will not get the best out of strikers if they set up defensively!

This season seems to be the complete flip side.

We won''t know just how good/bad Hooper is until he plays in THIS team with THIS set up and THIS mentality.

Time will tell so please Jaemae/jdawg go and crawl back under that rock you came from!

Hooper has nothing to prove other than his fitness and willingness to play his part this season, as doubts on both these counts seem relevant at the moment.

He is clearly a very good striker at this level and possibly higher, but rumours that he is still carrying too much weight are disturbing.