Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds for the CSF with the Pink un Pickers Week 7

MK Dons home win for me this week please.

Good luck Translator and all this weeks pickers.

In the Bundesliga, a home win for Mainz 05 (7th) against Borussia Dortmund (4th) at 4-1 looks attractive but I favour Dortmund to be buoyed by their defeat of Arsenal midweek and overcoming any lingering fatigue to earn a draw at 16/5 (dangerous though it is to tip two consecutive draws).

For the Norwich bet (which I am yet to tip correctly) assuming we start slowly again I can see Birmingham scoring first but Norwich winning. Therefore, I like:

(a) Norwich to win 2-1 at 15/2; or

(b) Birmingham ahead at half-time, Norwich at full-time at 22-1

Good luck to all.

Good luck JDT and all pups. My pick is MK Dons to beat Crewe.Looking forward to colney later for the presentation [:D]

Norwich vs Birmingham Draw. Keeping the unbeaten run going! We all know what happened when we started expecting results earleir in the season vs Bournemouth!

Norwich bet....

Lafferty to score anytime!

The Championship for me this week - Brighton & Hove Albion vs Blackpool - Home win.

Good luck all.

Now I''ve got the holiday out of the way I must get back into the swing of picking after missing a few weeks. Bayern to win for me please.

As for City I fancy Hoiveld to score at some point. Good luck all!

I also fancy a Bayern win this week please.

For the Norwich bet, what about Jerome to score last and a threen nil win for the Canaries. 

Good luck Jav and Bor, and of course all pups.

I think I''ll go for a Porto win this week.

And for Norwich bet, Johnson to score first. He won''t want Tettey him catching up ;)

Good luck :)

Off to Finland division one, where Oulu should beat Viikingit. Oulu are mid-table, 5/6/1 at home. Viikingit are rock bottom, 0/2/10 away.In the earlier fixture in the season, Oulu won 0-2.Best of luck all.NCFC bet - 3-0.

To the Bremen Section of the German Oberliga.Sparta Bremerhaven to win at home against Turkspor Bremen.Sparta Bremerhaven, in third, have 17 points from 7 games and a +12 goal difference. Their last home result was a 4-1 win against the team in sixth place.By contrast, Turkspor Bremen are bottom, with no points and a -22 goal difference. Their last away result was a 4-0 defeat to the team in sixth.---For the NCFC bet, a long shot. Since Birmingham may come to defend, and we have tended to start slowly and pile on goals late on I like the look of exact score HT/FT 1-0/3-1 at 35/1.Good luck to all!

I''ll join the MK Dons bandwagon if I may

Good Luck Jav and all you Lovely PUPs

For the Norwich bet Bradley Johnson to score anytime

Good Luck Bor x 3

Here we go then... There have been some great options for me to choose from this week, and it''s been quite hard to pick. Thankfully my pick matched along with 7 others which made at least 1 choice a little easier. The Norwich picks were also, so, so, so very tempting. but along with others it breaks my #1 rule and I couldn''t do it.with that said and done, thank you for all of your suggestions, and here are my final 6 for the weekends matches. good luck to all and hopefully we can win some great money for this great cause.Fenerbahce to beat Gazientepspor. - Mr AngryPorto to beat Boavista- Feedthewolf, chellecity Hector Brockelbank, GingerpeleDynamo Moscow to beat Torpedo Moscow - splutchoOLYMIPIAKOS v Veria - HOME WIN leedscanarySparta Bremerhaven V Turkspor Bremen PurpleCanaryMK Dons V Crewe - LCD, Gregt, Yellowfuture, InchY, Jellytot, Norfolkchance1, Diesel Doris, and myself.

Righty-ho, sorry to leave it late.  I''ve been unwell and won''t be venturing too far from the vicinity of the bathroom for a few days.SPURS to beat West Brom please - for the main league bet.

The Norwich bet - lots of good predictions here, thanks all.Can I please go: £2 Norwich to win, Grabban first goalscorer£2 Cameron Jerome to score at any time - against a former club, always a good bet.  Let''s call that the "cover bet".£1 Michael Turner to score at any time (I have a feeling about this)Let''s put the last £1 on something outrageousNorwich 4-0, Tettey first goalscorer.  That must be close to 80/1, probably for a reason.Thank you Nigel, a privilege to be trusted with other people''s money and I hope these picks do us proud.Good luck everyone.

[quote user="Javiers Deaf Translator"]Here we go then... There have been some great options for me to choose from this week, and it''s been quite hard to pick. Thankfully my pick matched along with 7 others which made at least 1 choice a little easier. The Norwich picks were also, so, so, so very tempting. but along with others it breaks my #1 rule and I couldn''t do it.with that said and done, thank you for all of your suggestions, and here are my final 6 for the weekends matches. good luck to all and hopefully we can win some great money for this great cause.Fenerbahce to beat Gazientepspor. - Mr AngryPorto to beat Boavista- Feedthewolf, chellecity Hector Brockelbank, GingerpeleDynamo Moscow to beat Torpedo Moscow - splutchoOLYMIPIAKOS v Veria - HOME WIN leedscanarySparta Bremerhaven V Turkspor Bremen PurpleCanaryMK Dons V Crewe - LCD, Gregt, Yellowfuture, InchY, Jellytot, Norfolkchance1, Diesel Doris, and myself. [/quote]

Brilliant picks Jav! Thank you so much for these.  Our great team of PUPs certainly gave you a lot to think about. When I looked in this afternoon there was 26 different selections suggested! And you''ve done us all proud getting them down to these six which look nailed on to me. Surely only cruel luck can stop us now. I''ve placed the bet with Bill Hill and the potential return is £37.39. Here are the details : -

Sparta Bremerhaven

1/9

2:30 Sat

MK Dons

1/2

3:00 Sat

Olympiakos

1/8

6:30 Sat

Porto

1/8

4:00 Sun

Fenerbahce

4/11

6:00 Sun

Dynamo Moscow

3/10

5:00 Mon

So we have 3 tomorrow, 2 on Sunday and then the last game on Monday. I have a feeling we are in for an exciting weekend once again. Good luck everyone[Y]

As promised I went to Colney today to hand over our £655 to the CSF. I was made very welcome. Everyone at the football club loves you PUPs and I now think the CSF do too. I met with a young lady called Emma who was really interested to hear about you all and what we do on these threads. We had a long chat and I made it clear that your wishes had been for the money to go to a disability sport. So shes''s gone away to work out some figures and make sure your money goes where it''s needed also allowing us to be able to follow the disability team closely and actually see where you wonderful PUPs are making a difference. I also had a little chat with Neil Adams and Gary Holt who know all about you. Neil actually remembers doing our presentation at Bayer Club all those years ago. I didn''t remind him that I played Crazy Barry over the PA that night because I can remember he was convinced Barry was actually our good friend Lapp[;)] The CSF took some pictures and they will send them to me to put on here. We will also be on their web site and when it''s all sorted I''ll post the relevant links.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Righty-ho, sorry to leave it late.  I''ve been unwell and won''t be venturing too far from the vicinity of the bathroom for a few days.SPURS to beat West Brom please - for the main league bet.

The Norwich bet - lots of good predictions here, thanks all.Can I please go: £2 Norwich to win, Grabban first goalscorer£2 Cameron Jerome to score at any time - against a former club, always a good bet.  Let''s call that the "cover bet".£1 Michael Turner to score at any time (I have a feeling about this)Let''s put the last £1 on something outrageousNorwich 4-0, Tettey first goalscorer.  That must be close to 80/1, probably for a reason.Thank you Nigel, a privilege to be trusted with other people''s money and I hope these picks do us proud.Good luck everyone.[/quote]

Fantastic Bor! I hope you feel better soon buddy. Did you catch a chill out on the allotment? Or heaven forbid neck a dodgy pint[+o(] Thank you for these great picks I''ve put them where to our best advantage and we have : -

Grabban 1st Norwich win

£2.00 Bill Hill

9/2

£11

Jerome anytime

£2.00 Bill Hill

13/10

£4.60

Turner to score anytime

£1.00 Bet 365

10/1

£11.00

Tettey 1st & 4-0

£1.00 Bet 365

130/1

£131.00

Now isn''t this a rum ''un! I shook Cameron Jerome by the hand today and made him an honourary PUP. He won''t let us down now.

Good luck Bor and all you PUPs[Y]

Evening one and all and glad to hear the presentation went well - sorry I couldn''t make it.

MMMK - Hyde -v- LOWESTOFT TOWN AWAY WIN

MM - Hamburger SV -v- BAYERN MUNICH AWAY WIN

Good Luck everyone

Sorry everyone... Late again.

My tip for this week is as usual from Krautland, and this week is the Zweite bundesliga.

Unusually, and riskily I am going for an away win this week, as bottom side Union Berlin host table toppers RB Leipzig.

Good luck all

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Javiers Deaf Translator"]Here we go then... There have been some great options for me to choose from this week, and it''s been quite hard to pick. Thankfully my pick matched along with 7 others which made at least 1 choice a little easier. The Norwich picks were also, so, so, so very tempting. but along with others it breaks my #1 rule and I couldn''t do it.with that said and done, thank you for all of your suggestions, and here are my final 6 for the weekends matches. good luck to all and hopefully we can win some great money for this great cause.Fenerbahce to beat Gazientepspor. - Mr AngryPorto to beat Boavista- Feedthewolf, chellecity Hector Brockelbank, GingerpeleDynamo Moscow to beat Torpedo Moscow - splutchoOLYMIPIAKOS v Veria - HOME WIN leedscanarySparta Bremerhaven V Turkspor Bremen PurpleCanaryMK Dons V Crewe - LCD, Gregt, Yellowfuture, InchY, Jellytot, Norfolkchance1, Diesel Doris, and myself. [/quote]

Brilliant picks Jav! Thank you so much for these.  Our great team of PUPs certainly gave you a lot to think about. When I looked in this afternoon there was 26 different selections suggested! And you''ve done us all proud getting them down to these six which look nailed on to me. Surely only cruel luck can stop us now. I''ve placed the bet with Bill Hill and the potential return is £37.39. Here are the details : -

Sparta Bremerhaven

1/9

2:30 Sat

MK Dons

1/2

3:00 Sat

Olympiakos

1/8

6:30 Sat

Porto

1/8

4:00 Sun

Fenerbahce

4/11

6:00 Sun

Dynamo Moscow

3/10

5:00 Mon

So we have 3 tomorrow, 2 on Sunday and then the last game on Monday. I have a feeling we are in for an exciting weekend once again. Good luck everyone[Y]

As promised I went to Colney today to hand over our £655 to the CSF. I was made very welcome. Everyone at the football club loves you PUPs and I now think the CSF do too. I met with a young lady called Emma who was really interested to hear about you all and what we do on these threads. We had a long chat and I made it clear that your wishes had been for the money to go to a disability sport. So shes''s gone away to work out some figures and make sure your money goes where it''s needed also allowing us to be able to follow the disability team closely and actually see where you wonderful PUPs are making a difference. I also had a little chat with Neil Adams and Gary Holt who know all about you. Neil actually remembers doing our presentation at Bayer Club all those years ago. I didn''t remind him that I played Crazy Barry over the PA that night because I can remember he was convinced Barry was actually our good friend Lapp[;)] The CSF took some pictures and they will send them to me to put on here. We will also be on their web site and when it''s all sorted I''ll post the relevant links.

[/quote]Two in the bag![Y]

Sorry folks. I thought I''d be able to do this on holiday but I swear I could have got on line easier in the Amazon jungle. If its not too late I''ll pick Spurs to win tomorrow.