Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds for the CSF with the Pink un Pickers Week 7

Welcome PUPs to week seven of our Rays Funds season. This week we have Javier’s

Deaf Translator in charge and making the final selections for the very first

time. Jav had a fantastic season last time finishing with 78% winning picks.

Every week I find myself introducing PUPs with fantastic records like this. I

can’t get close to achieving what you guys do! But of course young Jav did make

the final selections for the match bet last season where he won £15.37 for the

CSF. It was very hard to win with these bets last season so that win, the

largest we had, was a fantastic achievement. Yes PUPs, I think with your help Jav’s

the right man to get us back to winning ways. Don’t forget that your selections

must be listed on Bill Hill or Bet365 web sites and played on Sat/Sun/Mon this

coming weekend. Please don’t pick Friday games. We had one in the final six

last week which was fine because I was around to put the bet on. But to avoid

putting stress on the final selector and me please only pick Sat/Sun/Mon.

Taking charge of the Norwich match bet we have our good friend Bor Bor Bor making

the selections. Bor’s one of my favourite posters because he makes me laugh. In

fact I bet he makes us all laugh and we needed something to help us laugh at times through the trials of

last season. In serious mode Bor is still a great poster and a top PUP. He has

80% winning selections and looks nailed on to be in next season’s Fab40. So to

help him follow up on Parma’s magnifico £46 please leave your very best

suggestion for the match bet against Birmingham City. Good luck Bor, we have £6

to spend so you can choose up to six selections either from the PUPs suggestions

or of your own.

We’re now all set for the October rotas - Final six : -

Oct 4th  Jellytot

– Confrmed

Oct 11th Hissing

Sid - Confirmed

Oct 18th Kathy –

Confirmed

Oct 25th Mr

Angry - Confirmed

And for the

match bet : -

Oct 4th Killiecanary

- Confirmed

Oct 18th Lake

District Canary - Confirmed

Oct 25th Woostercanary

- Confirmed

We are now

going to make the presentation of last season’s funds this at the under21 fixture

against Leicester this Friday at Colney. This fixture was originally Monday 22nd

when we’d intended to do it but there’s been a change I believe due to cup

commitments. The kick off time is 1pm and Ricky Martin is arranging for

representatives from the CSF to join us for the presentation at half-time. I

know many of you live miles away and some others will be working but if you can

make it and would like to come please let me know so that I can confirm the

arrangements with you. I will be talking to the CSF about the allocation of our

funds. I have always kept on board the PUPs wishes from when we discussed this

at the end of the 12/13 season. Hopefully I will have some really good news for

you all after Friday.

I spoke to

Ricky Martin at Brentford last night and as always he was really interested in

how we were doing and was pleased to learn we already have winnings and pledges

worth over £170 towards next year’s presentation.

I’ll hand this

thread over to Javier’s Deaf Translator and Bor bor bor now. Remember theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our

best to help you to success. We all stand together with the single aim of

raising money for the Community Sports Foundation.

Good luck all you PUPs... Take

it away Jav and Bor ... the thread is yours.......[:)]........

As always I leave you with

Ray’s signature which now reads :-

Carve their names with

pride.Yankee,5,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork,2, Inch High,3,

Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock,3, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim,2,

Norfolkchance1,2, Scooby,3, Trent Canary,2, Cosmic Twin,2, Graham Humphrey,

Leedscanary,2, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox, Lappinitup,

Statto, Mandie Moo, Mr Bump, Kathy, Til1010, Snake-eyes, Vindo,2, NWC, Hughesy.

Gregt, GMF, Swindon Canary, yes Norfolkchance1 £2038 for the Academy, and £492

for the Community Sports Foundation.

And with the Norwich match bet. Splutcho, jb, Javier’s

Deaf Translator, Hector Brockelbank, Blahblahblah, Can u sit down please,

Til1010, Mandie Moo’s Mear Kat, Crabbycanary, Paul, Stewfil, Parma Ham’s gone

mouldy, yes PUPs £146 for the Community Sports Foundation.

And with £185 for the CSF from the Pink Un Pledges we now

have a total of £2865 raised so far.

Cheers Nigel,I''m looking very forward to making my final picks when I''m done with my last lecture Friday afternoon around 5, after a good prediction year last season, my earlier picks this season went against me with some smaller teams across the continent taking some big boys scalps, so I''d really appreciate everyones help!good luck to Bor and everyone else

Porto v Boavista, home win. Boavista have lost their two away games so far with an aggregate score of 0-7, while their city rivals Porto have won both their home games with a combined score of 5-0. It''s their first league meeting for several years, as Boavista were demoted to the third tier due to financial irregularities. They''re back in the top flight at last, but Porto should be way too strong for them, even despite the derby element to the game.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]Porto v Boavista, home win. Boavista have lost their two away games so far with an aggregate score of 0-7, while their city rivals Porto have won both their home games with a combined score of 5-0. It''s their first league meeting for several years, as Boavista were demoted to the third tier due to financial irregularities. They''re back in the top flight at last, but Porto should be way too strong for them, even despite the derby element to the game.[/quote]Forgot the Norwich bet! I like the idea of Odjidja-Ofoe to score the last goal - doubt he''ll start, and he has a belter of a shot on him. Think he might wrap up a win in style! I''d also consider betting over 4.5 bookings - teams need to get stuck into us, especially when we''re at home, and we''re hardly shy of making big challenges ourselves. Finally, because I''m feeling so positive, HT/FT Norwich/Norwich.

Having edged onto the bottom of the table last week, my search for an unprecedented second successive win leads me to France and a Sunday evening offering.

PSG (2-3-0 10-3) v Lyon (2-0-3 6-6) - Home Win

For the NCFC bet, I have a hunch Saturday could be horribly frustrating, and under 2.5 goals is 11/10.

Best of luck Jav, BBB and all you PUPs.

This week I am mostly picking from the Turkish Super Liga.

Fenerbahce are at home to Gazientepspor. Fenerbahce have won all of the last 6 games against this opposition. The odds on a home win are 4/11. Hoping for wins for the English and Turkish Canaries!

Good luck to all PUPs and most especially to JDT.

Portugal this week

Porto to win at home to Boavista

For the match bet, how about the law of the ex coming into play and Redmond to score anytime.

Good luck everyone, especially Javier and Bor

Good evening to you Nutty, very good luck to both Javier''s Deaf Translator and Bor Bor Bor plus all you other lovely PUPs out there.

Off to the land of the wooden shoes and a HOME WIN please for PSV v Cambuur.

Red mist has descended over me in the light of Forest scoring 5 tonight so how about another goalfest and a clean sheet....5-0 is currently 45/1. [Y]

Greetings PUPs from the battleground of Scotia!

I hope there''s no closet Cowdenbeath (a.k.a. ''The Blue Brazil'') fans out there, as after Hibs snatching a 94th minute winner for me against them last week I''m going for Hearts to complete an Edinburgh double this week (Hearts top, Cowden bottom).

Hearts (home win) vs. Cowdenbeath.

For the match bet I''ll go for Grabbs to break his goal drought in a Home win for city.

All the best and good luck for the weekend!!!

Apples 

Leeds to beat Huddersfield for me please

For the Norwich bet 2-0 with Grabbs to score 1st goal

Good Luck everyone!

Ever since our good friend Purple pointed out that I was 100% 3/3 it''s been all downhill for me. Those who were surprised at my lofty league position had every right to be and now I''m more realistically on 3/6 50% and fighting to stay on our table!

So that''s the warning that accompanies my selection which is Norwich to come out on top in the battle of the Cities with Birmingham. Neil Adams and his coaching team seem to prepare the team very well and they show full respect to the opposition so I can''t see complacency slipping in. It''s not complacent to say that we really are better than a Birmingham side who will once again be fighting to stay in this league.

Norwich           v          Birmingham           Home Win

Now an interesting stat for you all is that Norwich have a first half record of F4 A4 and a second half record of F11 A1. This I believe shows that teams find it more difficult to stay with us when they start to get physically and more importantly mentally tired. And of course we can bring real quality on from the bench making their lives even harder. So just as last weekend I think it''s a good idea to back Norwich to do well in the second half of games. But with us at home to Birmingham this week I think we have a very good chance of winning both halves and Bet365 are offering 12/5 against that happening.

I will take Man Utd to beat Leicester as I think the sheer power of their attack will be enough.For City Grabban will grab another one anytime

A draw ruined my 100% last week so I''m returning closer to home in search of victory! Very tempting but I''ve decided to break the rule of never betting against your own team.

Norwich vs Birmingham - HOME WIN

As for match bet;

No brainer would be Jerome or Grabban to score any time. But I quite fancy Bradley Johnson grabbing a goal this weekend at 9/2

After last week connections success I again took the dog for a walk last night. Through the local woods we strolled in the lovely evening sun but this week we met nobody, I was stuck no inspiration to grab hold of.... on my way home in a bit of a panic - I don''t mind telling you - I passed a field, a field, I pass every time I take the dog out one that I have never really taken much notice in the past, but today in the field was a figure nothing suspicious but I had never seen anybody in this particular field before...

So this week my bet is

Mansfield V Carlisle. Home win

As for the match bet after Wes scored last week I am going to predict a fully charged Martin Olsson to score again at any time.

Good luck all.

League Two where 5th from top Northampton (3-1-0-8-2) entertain 5th from bottom Accrington (0-0-4-3-11).Northampton Town v Accrington Stanley.......Home win.Good luck Jav. [Y]

For the City game, Norwich win and Grabs to score. Good luck Bor. [:D]

In an attempt to keep my 100% record and provide some half decent odds for JDS, I would like to go to Russia and back Dynamo Moscow to win away at neighbours Torpedo Moscow at odds of 3/10. Torpedo have lost 3 on the spin, whereas Dynamo have won 4 of the last 5. The only exception being last time out, where they went down 3-2 to runaway leaders Zenit.

For the Norwich bet, call me crazy, but I''m feeling a 5-0 win. 40/1.

Good luck all.

MK Dons should be too strong for Crewe, so going for League 1, MK Dons, home win. For the Norwich bet, can''t see anything other than a big victory, so going for a repeat of the historical match in 1970.6 - 0 Good luck everyone. 

Off to the conference for me, where i think Torquay will have enough to notch a home win against Dover.

...and norwich to win by 3 goals or more.

Good luck all!

Good luck all!

Jav, for you this week I''m going back to Greece and napping

OLYMIPIAKOS v Veria - HOME WIN

For my old mate Bor, I hope to be celebrating a 4-1 Norwich win in The Nelson on Saturday evening

Leedscanary

iI think Roma will beat Cagliari [:)]                                                                                    Good luck all [:D]                                                                       

League 1 for me this week, MK Dons to beat Crewe

For the Norwich bet, having seen Cameron Jerome in the flesh on Tuesday night, he looked to be in terrific form, I would expect him to score on Saturday.

Good luck PUPs

Buonasera PUPi... In Bocca al lupo Javier, Bor e tutti Voi...

Would love to punt on Parma away at Chievo, but not sure it''s where the value is at...quindi...oppure invece...

Bologna at home to Crotone in Serie B looks a good bet. Crotone are 5-1 against, though Bologna are a tasty-looking 4-6....molto interessante allora...

Lousy value available on the Norwich bet...odds look to have tightened on us. Norwich and less than 2.5 goals at 11/4 has some value.

Birmingham could shut up shop and we could - in the end - run out comfortable 2-0 winners, with much less drama than recently...

Redmond to score looks good, but is it really only 3/1?

Parma

Spurs to beat West Brom in the prem for me.NCFC bet - our new midfield general Mr Vadis OO to score anytime....

Greetings from Trieste. Slovenia was gorgeous.

Going to be going to Belgium for my choice this week.

OH LEUVEN to win in the second division, top v bottom clash.

All the best to you all.