Sign in to follow this  
pete

Forest made 10 changes

Against Tottenham and made a good fist before going down 3-1 whereas City went down to Div 2 Shrews. Although our 11 did not play as a team. I think we need to consider Forest squad is the equal of ours.

Give the players a cookie !!I dont know what the fuss is about, we lost in the cup. Less games to play, less pressure on the team, more focus on the league.All positives for me.

If ever there was a season where we didn''t need to worry about the League Cup it''s this one.This season will be our best shot at getting promoted. I for one am glad to focus on the League.

Under Lambert we did the same thing in pretty much every cup game and we had the same old arguments on here

but if we keep doing well in the league who cares

I reluctantly accept the view about our priority this season, understand it...but, I just love a cup run and did feel that this squad with its mix of experience and youth, if managed well (not eleven changes and a low impact bench), could have taken on a Cup run without having a huge impact on us getting automatic promotion.

Now, we have the FA Cup coming up....do we simply advise the FA that we do not want to participate this season? Will save a lot of expectation followed by the usual disappointment.....

While we deserved to go out, it wasn''t convincing. We had a perfectly legitimate goal ruled out. If we''d have edged it, people would be calling Neyul a genius for utilising the squad well.