[quote user="splutcho"]If he finishes like that, I don''t mind[/quote]

I''m sure he will as he will get many goal chances under Adams unlike ultra-defensive Hughton.

[quote user="im spartacus"]becchio scored last weekend and no one seems to care [:''(][/quote]

So did Louis Thompson as well as getting two assists.

[quote user="Big_Ray_Ltfc"]Do you think we will keep him then mateys? I think with jerome getting all the goals we don''t even need him I think we can sell him to QPR[/quote]If he did so well that we wanted to keep him then St Etienne would almost certainly want to exercise their overriding option to buy.

Okie cokey matey but what is the deal for the option to buy? Also would he not see playing in the premier (if we get the promotions) more better than the French league

[quote user="Big_Ray_Ltfc"]Okie cokey matey but what is the deal for the option to buy? Also would he not see playing in the premier (if we get the promotions) more better than the French league[/quote]Wasn''t the buy option something like 5 or 6 million? Added to the loan fee it almost got us our money back, which considering the season he had was a pretty good deal!Thats a lot of money for a player in that league though, will be interesting to see what happens if he has a good, but not outstanding season.I wonder if theres an option where Ricky can override it in any way?

I think know that fer has now gone the Dutch connection is no longer there. I cannot see a return to be honest matey but what I do think is that the strike force we have now is a lot better and would be more successful than what he had last season

God funny how 1 goal in 1 year can cause soo much excitement hardly in a quality team against a quality team

The bloke is sh*t always has been

Bought on the strength of hughton watching YouTube of his penalties.

[quote user="alartz"]God funny how 1 goal in 1 year can cause soo much excitement hardly in a quality team against a quality team

Bought on the strength of hughton watching YouTube of his penalties.[/quote]And you have evidence of this?No, of course you don''t.If you go back to when we signed him pundits were creaming themselves over how much of an absolute bargain we were getting, yeah it didn''t work out, but always been shit? Nah.Whats wrong with people wanting him to do well, he''s still a Norwich City player.

[quote user="Big_Ray_Ltfc"]I think know that fer has now gone the Dutch connection is no longer there. I cannot see a return to be honest matey but what I do think is that the strike force we have now is a lot better and would be more successful than what he had last season[/quote]Nah, I don''t think we''ll see him back, if I''m honest.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="alartz"]God funny how 1 goal in 1 year can cause soo much excitement hardly in a quality team against a quality team

Bought on the strength of hughton watching YouTube of his penalties.[/quote]And you have evidence of this?No, of course you don''t.If you go back to when we signed him pundits were creaming themselves over how much of an absolute bargain we were getting, yeah it didn''t work out, but always been shit? Nah.Whats wrong with people wanting him to do well, he''s still a Norwich City player.[/quote]You''re asking for evidence of him being sh*t? Presumably you didn''t get to see any of his 30 performances that culminated in 1 goal and 1 assist last season.

[quote user="Holtcantshoot"][quote user="morty"][quote user="alartz"]God funny how 1 goal in 1 year can cause soo much excitement hardly in a quality team against a quality team

Bought on the strength of hughton watching YouTube of his penalties.[/quote]And you have evidence of this?No, of course you don''t.If you go back to when we signed him pundits were creaming themselves over how much of an absolute bargain we were getting, yeah it didn''t work out, but always been shit? Nah.Whats wrong with people wanting him to do well, he''s still a Norwich City player.[/quote]You''re asking for evidence of him being sh*t? Presumably you didn''t get to see any of his 30 performances that culminated in 1 goal and 1 assist last season.[/quote]I thought we were universally blaming Hughton for that?If he was that awful he must have the best agent in the world then, to pull our pants down for over 8 million quid.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Big_Ray_Ltfc"]Okie cokey matey but what is the deal for the option to buy? Also would he not see playing in the premier (if we get the promotions) more better than the French league[/quote]Wasn''t the buy option something like 5 or 6 million? Added to the loan fee it almost got us our money back, which considering the season he had was a pretty good deal!Thats a lot of money for a player in that league though, will be interesting to see what happens if he has a good, but not outstanding season.I wonder if theres an option where Ricky can override it in any way?[/quote]The option to buy was set at £6m on top of the £1.5m for this season. Whether that amount would survive in the real world of negotiations is a question. If it were to then nutty''s PUPs'' kitty for next season would be £60 better off. As to the idea that Hughton was to blame for van Wolfswinkel''s poor performance, no, that was not universally accepted. Some posters were of the opinion that he wasn''t a particularly good footballer who had been markedly overvalued at £8.5m.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Big_Ray_Ltfc"]Okie cokey matey but what is the deal for the option to buy? Also would he not see playing in the premier (if we get the promotions) more better than the French league[/quote]Wasn''t the buy option something like 5 or 6 million? Added to the loan fee it almost got us our money back, which considering the season he had was a pretty good deal!Thats a lot of money for a player in that league though, will be interesting to see what happens if he has a good, but not outstanding season.I wonder if theres an option where Ricky can override it in any way?[/quote]The option to buy was set at £6m on top of the £1.5m for this season. Whether that amount would survive in the real world of negotiations is a question. If it were to then nutty''s PUPs'' kitty for next season would be £60 better off. As to the idea that Hughton was to blame for van Wolfswinkel''s poor performance, no, that was not universally accepted. Some posters were of the opinion that he wasn''t a particularly good footballer who had been markedly overvalued at £8.5m.[/quote]The general consensus, however, was that we were getting a bit of a bargain, based on his clubs financial predicament, and their need to sell. And I''m talking about the wider view, not just on here.

Well...Sporting put a price of 18 mill or so on his head, and when the price came down to 8.5 mill it was looking like a bargain....

But no other clubs even sniffed at him for the price quoted, so you have to ask serious questions about the scouting made by Chester and co.

I saw the match he played for St.Etienne last night vs Bordeaux, and he was not poor, intact he had a fairly decent game. Lots of poor defending though, and he should have had 3 goals in the game. Infact, he scored on the lesser of the 3 chances he had.

In the first half he should have score a tap at the front post from a right wing cross, but it skid off his foot.

In the second half, he had a back post header from a looping, terrific left side cross, which he made a meal of, although under some pressure from the defender.

And in the same second half he had a free header from 5 yards, from a free kick, headed 2 yards over the bar with no pressure on him at all. A sitter.

All.in-all, his movement was OK, and he was well supported by forward-thinking midfielder who were looking to find him with his passes.

Still looked lightweight in all challenges, and I doubt his physique will ever make him function optimally in England. Too easy to shove him off the ball,

Subbed after 70 mins for Erdinic, their "normal" striker.

That is certainly how I remember it too Morty. I was one of those who for some unknown reason wanted him to stay this season, but now I have come off the drugs, I am one of those who wishes him well, hope he notches a few and then moves on.....even if at a small loss.

[quote user="grefstad"]Well...Sporting put a price of 18 mill or so on his head, and when the price came down to 8.5 mill it was looking like a bargain....

But no other clubs even sniffed at him for the price quoted, so you have to ask serious questions about the scouting made by Chester and co.

I saw the match he played for St.Etienne last night vs Bordeaux, and he was not poor, intact he had a fairly decent game. Lots of poor defending though, and he should have had 3 goals in the game. Infact, he scored on the lesser of the 3 chances he had.

In the first half he should have score a tap at the front post from a right wing cross, but it skid off his foot.

In the second half, he had a back post header from a looping, terrific left side cross, which he made a meal of, although under some pressure from the defender.

And in the same second half he had a free header from 5 yards, from a free kick, headed 2 yards over the bar with no pressure on him at all. A sitter.

All.in-all, his movement was OK, and he was well supported by forward-thinking midfielder who were looking to find him with his passes.

Still looked lightweight in all challenges, and I doubt his physique will ever make him function optimally in England. Too easy to shove him off the ball,

Subbed after 70 mins for Erdinic, their "normal" striker.[/quote]Do you have evidence to support that no other club made enquiries about him, or you just speculating?

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]That is certainly how I remember it too Morty. I was one of those who for some unknown reason wanted him to stay this season, but now I have come off the drugs, I am one of those who wishes him well, hope he notches a few and then moves on.....even if at a small loss.[/quote]Yup, pretty much how I see it[Y]And I don''t remember a whole lot of people voicing concerns about him when / before he arrived.....