Sign in to follow this  
Essex_Canary

3 away wins in a row...but when did we last win 4?

Genuine question, the last time before last night we had won 3 away from home in the league was:17-Apr-10  Charlton 0-1 Norwich (League 1)01-May-10 Bristol Rovers 0-3 Norwich (League 1)14-Aug-10 Scunthorpe 0-1 Norwich (Championship)Last time we did it in one season was:02-Jan-10 Wycombe 0-1 Norwich (League 1)16-Jan-10 Colchester 0-5 Norwich (League 1)26-Jan-10 Walsall 1-2 Norwich (League 1)Anyone know the last time we won 4 away on the spin?Didn''t happen under Hoots obviously

TBH, lowly Blackpool and a Fulham in freefall, we could break 2 old hoodoo''s at Craven cottage all being well. Its a shame as I''m missing that fixture for the first time in years.

To be fair I don''t think we''ll get a better opportunity on current form, Essex!

[quote user="Essex_Canary"]ZeroTo win five in a row would mean winning at Craven Cottage[/quote]

hahaha, trust the Craven Cottage curse to burst our bubble

Folks please, it''s been a cracking few days so can we please avoid any mention of Craven Cottage?

I just hope Felix The Cat is still in charge when we go there and of course to set eyes once more on the legend that was Fozzy.

What a player he was.

[quote user="ricardo"]I believe 5 on the trot is the record.What are the chances of beating that?[/quote]That would be the one from that glorious 1985/86 season Ricardo ? We went on a mid-season ten game winning run until a 2-2 home draw with Barnsley messed it up. We went on to win the next away game to make it five wins in a row before losing 2-1 at Wimbledon :30/11/85 - Leeds (A) - Won 2-014/12/85 - Oldham (A) - Won 3-101/01/86 - Fulham (A) - Won 1-025/01/86 - C Palace (A) - Won 2-108/02/86 - Shrewsbury (A) - Won 3-0I think the win at Fulham is the last time we beat them. Even then they were all over us and should have won easily but a Kevin Drinkell fluke saved the day.As someone said we''ll need to beat Fulham again if we want to keep this run going. If we do then it must be our year.

You need to go back to 1998 to find the last time we won 4 in a row away from home in the league.26/08/96 Oxford  0-1 Norwich06/09/96 Bradford 0-2 Norwich20/09/96 Portsmouth 0-1 Norwich30/09/96 Grimsby 1-4 Norwich

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="ricardo"]I believe 5 on the trot is the record.What are the chances of beating that?[/quote]That would be the one from that glorious 1985/86 season Ricardo ? We went on a mid-season ten game winning run until a 2-2 home draw with Barnsley messed it up. We went on to win the next away game to make it five wins in a row before losing 2-1 at Wimbledon :30/11/85 - Leeds (A) - Won 2-014/12/85 - Oldham (A) - Won 3-101/01/86 - Fulham (A) - Won 1-025/01/86 - C Palace (A) - Won 2-108/02/86 - Shrewsbury (A) - Won 3-0I think the win at Fulham is the last time we beat them. Even then they were all over us and should have won easily but a Kevin Drinkell fluke saved the day.As someone said we''ll need to beat Fulham again if we want to keep this run going. If we do then it must be our year.

[/quote]Er No, because we lost an FA Cup match at Liverpool halfway through that sequence.It''s 1988/9Middsboro    3-2Newcastle    2-0Derby          1-0Man Utd        2-1Wmbldon      2-0The first 5 games of that season.

And it looks like we did 5 in a row in 1988:02/09/88 Middlesbrough 2-3 Norwich16/09/88 Newcastle 0-2 Norwich08/10/88 Derby 0-1 Norwich26/10/88 Man Utd 1-2 Norwich04/11/88 Wimbledon 0-2 Norwich

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="ricardo"]I believe 5 on the trot is the record.What are the chances of beating that?[/quote]That would be the one from that glorious 1985/86 season Ricardo ? We went on a mid-season ten game winning run until a 2-2 home draw with Barnsley messed it up. We went on to win the next away game to make it five wins in a row before losing 2-1 at Wimbledon :30/11/85 - Leeds (A) - Won 2-014/12/85 - Oldham (A) - Won 3-101/01/86 - Fulham (A) - Won 1-025/01/86 - C Palace (A) - Won 2-108/02/86 - Shrewsbury (A) - Won 3-0I think the win at Fulham is the last time we beat them. Even then they were all over us and should have won easily but a Kevin Drinkell fluke saved the day.As someone said we''ll need to beat Fulham again if we want to keep this run going. If we do then it must be our year.

[/quote]Er No, because we lost an FA Cup match at Liverpool halfway through that sequence.It''s 1988/9Middsboro    3-2Newcastle    2-0Derby          1-0Man Utd        2-1Wmbldon      2-0The first 5 games of that season.[/quote]To be fair that 5-0 tonking at Anfield did put a bit of a downer on it I suppose [:D]Still, I''d quite happy to shoulder the odd reverse if we could replicate that ''85/86 home and away run of 34 points out of 36 this season....

It''s 1988/9Middsboro    3-2Newcastle    2-0Derby          1-0Man Utd        2-1Wmbldon      2-0(c/o Ricardo)

full season hereso we have won 3 away - and need two more wins to equal the recordand who do we have to playonly the bottom two clubs who have a point each !it''s time to believe Bradley Johnson of Norwich scores his sides 2nd goal and celebrates during the Sky Bet Championship match at Carrow Road, Norwich<p></p><p></p>Picture by Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd +44 7904 640267<p></p><p></p>19/08/2014