Sign in to follow this  
Gruffnuts

Team v Blackpool

[quote user="Gruffnuts"]Ruddy Martin. Hoiveld. Turner. Olsson Johnson Tettey Redmond. Hoolahan. Murphy Jerome So many players I''d like to fit in![/quote]

Lightweight in midfield and reliance on Jerome to do all the scoring.

If you are going to play two out and out wingers then you need stronger than Wes in midfield.

Time to try Voo perhaps or Howson in that role.

Apart from that back 7 look great.

I''d go with that I think other than maybe Howson in for Wes. I think even though Wes was rubbish last weekend, he''ll see a lot of the ball this time round and even though we''re away, Blackpool are ripe for the picking. Wes will want to play well versus his former club too.

I might even be tempted to keep Hooiveld in there as he improved in the second half last time out. Did Miquel play well on Tuesday?

Whatever it is, not the team/formation that started against Birmingham. Not two strikers and Hoolahan. Hoolahan and one striker, or two strikers and no Hoolahan. Unless we copy what apparently Allardyce did last weekend in beating Liverpool, which was to play his two strikers as wingers, cutting in. With our plethora of strikers that might be a way to accommodate two and a creative midfielder.

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="Gruffnuts"]Ruddy Martin. Hoiveld. Turner. Olsson Johnson Tettey Redmond. Hoolahan. Murphy Jerome So many players I''d like to fit in![/quote]

Lightweight in midfield and reliance on Jerome to do all the scoring.

If you are going to play two out and out wingers then you need stronger than Wes in midfield.

Time to try Voo perhaps or Howson in that role.

Apart from that back 7 look great.

[/quote]

Really?

It''s basically the same as 4-4-2 but with Hoolahan not a proper striker. And Tettey/Johnson combo in this league is very strong.

At this point it would be a special type of crazy to drop Grabban I think. He played his part against Brum and has shown he has goals in him. Just because he may have gone a game without one doesn''t represent a dip in form to me.

Ruddy

Martin Turner Hooiveld Olsson

Tettey Johnson

Redmond Hoolahan Murphy

Jerome

Rudd Whittaker Howson O''Neill E.Bennett Lafferty Grabban

I''d be tempted to play Grabban wide left or right and get Wes central behind Jerome, and then Grabban/Jerome can switch throughout the game.

As said earlier Wes wide left in the 4-4-2 doesn''t really work, so he either needs to be central and we accomdate him, or he''s benched and we bring a winger in like Bennett or Murphy.

Either way its strong

Every team has had good spells against us and we seem to start slow.  I''d start 4 5 1,  give Johnson and Wes break, dominate midfield, bring on another striker as game progresses.                         Ruddy   Martin Turner Hooiveld OlssonRedmond Tettey Howson  Odidja, Lafferty                    Jerome Lafferty, Grabban, Murphy to come on. 

[quote user="chicken"]At this point it would be a special type of crazy to drop Grabban I think. He played his part against Brum and has shown he has goals in him. Just because he may have gone a game without one doesn''t represent a dip in form to me.[/quote]Like I said . . . . don''t drop Grabban just yet!