Sign in to follow this  
havemyhowsonit

Looking good at the top!

10 games gone. 20 pts from 30. Maybe should have been more.

There''s only one thing that I can criticise on. The last 3 out of 4 games in the league we''ve gone behind 1 or 2 goals. Now I know they are showing great character to comeback and win or draw but come on guys it''s so much easier to lead than do all the hard work to comeback.

Sort that and first half performances and I can''t see us losing another game this season.

Finished work early to watch a stream like a true plastic, i think in future i''ll work till 4 pm, cos thats when we actually start to play.

Its almost as if CH manages the 1st half and PL manages the 2nd,

i get the feeling clubs are coming to Norwich with the "rrrright they are a good scoring team so we have to hit them hard and fast"

which they do, then they get worn out by the 2nd half and the cream rises to the top - Norwich are doing well absorbing the attempts by these clubs. Quality seems to be always shining through. Although it would be nice to concede less!

Yep, I think that''s spot on Martin. I also think there''s an element of Norwich which are aware of their poor starts, so are probably keeping it tight as well.

cheers ;)

i guess the worry is the game norwich dont have time to come back - ie birmingham "just" managing a draw. but its all happy days at the moment.

ps-

bad luck with that terrorist group stealing your user name!

We were poor in the first half today. Not that we were in any trouble at the back but didn''t threaten up front. We then contrived to gift them a goal at the start of the second and it took the unfortunate Daniels to really spark us into life. e then had a 10 minute spell where we were all over them but couldn''t score. Grabben''s goal was deserved although I''m not sure it would have hit the net without the deflection. Josh Murphy''s goal was superb and I''ll be surprised if he isn''t a regular before the end of the season.

Wes was poor today for me, easily hustled off the ball and why does he insist on completing a pirouette each time he receives the ball? Hooiveld concerns me as he seems to lack pace and was poor at reading the game resulting in him being out of position too many times in the game. Redmond looked really good in the last third of the game and will hopefully do this more often in future games.

Overall 3 points well earned but we do need to play at a much higher tempo against the better sides from the start of games.

I am sure we all agree with this:...."but we do need to play at a much higher tempo against the better sides from the start of games"

....and whatever will we be like when we do? ....a few teams in for a tonking if...when...we do!

It''s certainly looking good at the top, but I think we are very lucky that the team has the confidence to make these comebacks. We have 20 league goals so far this season, one being an own goal, and only 4 of them are from the first half. We need to improve our first half performances (keeping our current second half performances as well) as we can''t expect the team to change the scoreline round every time we''re behind.

What is good though is that the goals are coming from a variety of players, as you can''t rely on 1 player to score the goals:

Grabban - 6

Jerome - 5

Johnson and Tettey - 2

Hoolahan, Murphy, Olsson and Turner - 1

These statistics refer to our league goals

"we are very lucky that the team has the confidence to make these comebacks."lucky ?

considering you was one of the doom brigade who wanted the manager sacked

and expected us to get nothing at the stat of the season you should be wetting yourself in excitement with how its turned out