Sign in to follow this  
chicken

Still doubting the manager?

So, some on here still end every post with "still wish we had got ................. (insert name) as manager".So what are those alternatives currently doing?1) Malkay Mackay - probably taking a back seat after the absolute storm that Cardiff kicked up just when it looked like he was going to get the Palace job, after he turned us down - again. Imagine the problems that could have kicked up for us.2) Gianfranco Zola - despite admitting he was interested in what seems like every Championship vacancy going, he remains unemployed as a manager.3) Neil Lennon - despite not being available when we were known to be looking has been working as a pundit since. Has he applied for any of the managerial vacancies that have become available? If he has, he has been unsuccessful.4) Uwe Rosler - did well last season but Wigan now sit in 18th on 8 points, less than a point a game and with a -2 goal difference. They are looking more like relegation candidates than promotion hopefuls right now. Financially they are well backed with a wealthy chairman and parachute payments.Others? Who cares, Adams is doing more than ok, considering he is still cutting his teeth, as is our new look squad, I feel he is doing well. What is nice to see from a manager is one that is able to be honest and open and add a slice of humour as well.As for those questioning the use of Hoolahan, one thing I think Adams will do is give people a chance. If he wants players to be loyal to him, he''ll have to be the same with them and give them a chance.

Have to be honest and say I wasn''t expecting much based on the last 5 games of last season.

But....with the players he''s brought in and shipped out I''m glad to be proved wrong.

Onwards and upwards!

[quote user="BarclayUpperCut"]Have to be honest and say I wasn''t expecting much based on the last 5 games of last season.

But....with the players he''s brought in and shipped out I''m glad to be proved wrong.

Onwards and upwards![/quote]I''m not too sure that MacKay turned us down, or was offered the jobThe players afre down to the club with Adams being part of that process. Being involved in youth football up to a few months back I doubt that he would have spent much time scouting and checking out players across the whole of Europe.What has happened is that there has been a huge about face from the club. the rigid regime of Hughton has gone and players have been allowed to play the game again.Much of the success of Lambert was down to getting the players motivated, (though very generous bonuses also helped in no small way) something that was clearly missing under Hughton, but has returned with Adams.No panic subs either, even though with less than 20 mins gone we were still only drawing with the 2nd from bottom team. The manager and coaching squad seem to know what is needed and have faith in the players to do the job.It is about the club working together again.

So, some on here still end every post with "still wish we had got ................. (insert name) as manager" - chicken

I haven''t seen this on the end of any post, and there are only a couple of obvious wind-up merchants who mention it at all. Ergo, your point is misguided but your intent is admirable.

Those who criticized Adams based on the end of last season discounted the almost impossible task at hand while ignoring the sudden improvement in play and player attitude.

We have had the MM debate. The only people who believe that the board decided not to go with MM are those that are not familiar with the law or executive recruitment processes.

Amazing that some people also still talk as if they are unaware that we have been relegated and the difference between the 2 leagues.

It''s amusing and a disturbing lack of education that so many on here take their prejudices and look for spurious so called facts to support their spurious arguments rather than actually grasping reality and coming to conclusions based on evidence and normal probabilities.

The difference between the leagues is one you have to better than 3 other teams

and the other is a bloody nightmare to get out of and is rightly regarded as one of the most demanding leagues in the world

I was happy that he got the job and felt that January''s opportunity was lost. This was presumably due to traditional thinking at the club that a previously sacked manager is what you need when you sack your own. Or a big name like lennon. This has led to a change of philosophy at the club. I believe that the future is promotion from within and planning for such a scenario.

Look at gary monk at swansea. Adams did not need a summer to know what was required and has planned with elan. I am very happy with the position, playing style and feel of our club right now. This is not malkys norwich or hughtons norwich, it is our norwich.

Ii presume you have the board minutes to prove thatbfact[quote user="city4eva"]For city1st

Malky turned us down.. fact... because of the conditions put on him[/quote]I presume you have the board minutes to prove that ''fact'' ?or maybe a comment from a board member, or MacKay himself.......... something that would prove that this is a ''fact'' ?

Love how threes like this pop up.

I''m sure like many other I had doubts about outing NA in charge but I will always be happy to say I was wrong rather than being right!

After finally having a good away day yesterday I hope their are many more to come and long may it continue and our efforts reaped with rewards come the end of the season.

Stop being petty and starting threads like this to stir what isn''t there.

[quote user="T"]We have had the MM debate. The only people who believe that the board decided not to go with MM are those that are not familiar with the law or executive recruitment processes.

Amazing that some people also still talk as if they are unaware that we have been relegated and the difference between the 2 leagues.

It''s amusing and a disturbing lack of education that so many on here take their prejudices and look for spurious so called facts to support their spurious arguments rather than actually grasping reality and coming to conclusions based on evidence and normal probabilities.[/quote][S]zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I reckon there were at least as many people doubted Adams as supported him. And because how we''d fare was a total unknown there''s not much to say "I told you so" about.

However I can''t help but think of those posters, like the Bury Massive, who attributed Adams appointment totally to Delia having interfered and taken over the reigns from Bowkett and McNally. If our good season continues how long will it take for them to give all the credit to the cook and her cohorts.....

[;)]

Discounting the clost binners on here there were still more who doubted Adams than supported him. Mostly it would seem as it suited them to portray the board as taking the cheap option thereby ''once again'' depriving the long suffering fans of the just dues - success.The last month or so should have shown them how wrong they were. Our current success is in no short measure partly due to the board''s diligence and expertise in finding new players and retaining most of the squad. Many of the former complainants were certain that we would lose most of our starts, with players such as Ruddy, Olsson, Tettey and Redmond heading off. They didn''t, which must speak volumes about the board''s powers of persuasion and the players trust in the club and the manager. The major two we did lose were good business as the claimed fees raised were beyond what they were contributing on the pitch and help free up funds for those who have came in.Notable signings have been VOO and Jerome. Neither of whom had they not been signed would have caused much of a ruction with supporters. Their signings underlined how serious was the club about getting straight back into the PL by building a vdry strong squad. O''Neil smacks of the ''wise old head'' that we have previously seen in gthe likes of Suggett, Peters, Channon. and Dublin - someone who knows what''s needed and can get us over the lime. Two other signings in Thompson and McCandleabra point to the club having an eye to the future and not just sitting on it''s laurels with regard to youth and pointing towards an FA Youth Cup win as being enough.The next biggest doubt should be, will we walk the league this season ?

Some people think it is interesting to make up nonsense to abuse the club, Anyone with any sense finds it tedious obnoxious and embarrassing.

I''m sure "elan" has already been leveraged, sorry used, by Paddy, who always uses 10 words when 2 will suffice.

Cutely anglicised with the accent missing.

I''m looking for "pizzazz", "custodian" and "nihilistic" next week on the forum. Possibly re Redmond, Ruddy and Johnson respectively.

Or perhaps rather than gloat and play silly "I told you so" games, maybe just enjoy the fact we''re doing well?

It''s still early days, but despite the results and league position I''m not really impressed with the style of football or the majority of the transfers. Early signs were not good with Adams waving the white flag against Chelsea, and the way we play now isn''t at all innovative.A more direct game which is largely reliant on wing play might work for a while at this level, but I think we''ll slip back once other teams have us sussed us out. If we went up I think Adams would struggle badly in the prem like Worthington did, back then we looked unstoppable up until promotion but the team ultimately lacked solid foundations once promoted.We''ve only made a couple of good signings that are likely to play regularly, the rest are either ones for the future, veterans nearing the end of their careers or workaday squad fillers. A bright spot is Murphy who looks as if he has the potential to be the best finisher at the club.

[quote user="Paul101"]The people who should really be gloating are the ones who called for him to be manager in October[/quote]

Nope. That''s another unknown. But I seriously doubt it would have made any difference because we had already spent the budget that ultimately sealed our fate.

I''m happy with the manager and think on balance he''s doing well. I''m still think there is room for improvement. Is like to see him getting us going in the first half if games more often and am not sure the starting line-up/formation has been quite right in a few occasions recently. I think our firepower and attacking strength has got Adams out of jail in a few matches but all in all he''s got much more right than wrong, seems to learn quickly and is able to influence games during their progress which makes him a considerable improvement on Hughton.

I would like to see Bennett back in the team when fit and hope in the next few games (perhaps now Howson is fit) we may have the bravery to play a passer next to Tettey to enable us to control the tempo of games a bit better.

[quote user="92 vintage"]It''s still early days, but despite the results and league position I''m not really impressed with the style of football or the majority of the transfers. Early signs were not good with Adams waving the white flag against Chelsea, and the way we play now isn''t at all innovative.A more direct game which is largely reliant on wing play might work for a while at this level, but I think we''ll slip back once other teams have us sussed us out. If we went up I think Adams would struggle badly in the prem like Worthington did, back then we looked unstoppable up until promotion but the team ultimately lacked solid foundations once promoted.We''ve only made a couple of good signings that are likely to play regularly, the rest are either ones for the future, veterans nearing the end of their careers or workaday squad fillers. A bright spot is Murphy who looks as if he has the potential to be the best finisher at the club.[/quote]Worthington didn''t struggle badly, the club did. If we had signed Ashton in the summer, rather than January, I am pretty certain we wouldn''t have drawn so many games. And it was drawing games that was a problem in the end. We could be defensively solid. But our team, on average was older and struggled for pace bar Huckerby and Mackenzie really. We had few genuine premier league able players and very little money.As for only a couple of good signings: Jerome, Grabban, VOO - all very decent signings. Then the likes of Lafferty as well as McGrandles and Miquel who no doubt will be ones to keep an eye on. Reality is, you don''t need to spend loads of money to get out of this league.It is also worth noting that it was Adams that has kept a large amount of the squad together.

I have some doubts over his set-up of the attacking line-up and his belief that Wes Hoolahan can operate as a traditional left winger without making the team unbalanced.On the whole his signings have been quite good though and we are performing above expectations.Decent effort so far.

When we went up under Worthy I could never understand why we let Malky and Roberts go - yes they were both slow for the Prem, but squad size wasn''t regulated then and the guys we got in were no better.

Am I the only one to see that almost every goal scored against us that season was scored by someone who had Craig Fleming standing next to them doing sweet FA to stop them scoring?

The squad we have now might be able to finish 17th in the Prem, so I for one am confident that, if we go up, we can build on this squad and do well enough.

I get the feeling that if Zola, Mackay or Lennon had been appointed, and had had the start we have had under Adams, some of you lot would be absolutely loving it compared with the "cautious optimism" you are demonstrating now!!

The great thing about our start to the season in relation to this message-board - where''s Waveney ( or his myriad of aliases ). We lose a couple of games and he will be popping out of his dark recess to forecast gloom and doom.

Maybe he is spending his time on the new sucky website where everyone is in love and the streets are paved with gold and no one ever gets old.

Several of them return here when it gets too boring even for them.

"Sucky website" - well put, Ice Cold. Every other post on it starts off with "Good point, Your Eminence, but if I may be so bold as to point out that ...".

Lots of familiar names doffing their hats to one another but F.A. car-crash threads.