Sign in to follow this  
Buh

Top of the league - wall to wall moaning

Not that much moaning. Judging this forum alone it''s been reasonably positive. Perversely, the more ''positive'' of posters are being more of a nuisance.[:D]

Moaning?

Only that Blackpool isn''t closer and we didn''t stay there for the night, five hundred and eighty mile roundtrip in one day is Yella-ing Exteme.

Really good turnout I thought.

No moaning here. Thoroughly good day out. Short drive down the motorway, brilliant weather, easiest parking to see a match I can remember, see the football team go top, back in time tea. Fantastic to see so many make the long trip from Norwich too.

No moaning loving the championship.....we are that good that like good old days with jumpers for goalposts we give the inferior teams a goal or to before we start to play just to give them a sporting chance.

The nice club that we are.

Where Buh?...where?......

Sure a lot of people are being measured in the praise they are giving at times and not getting carried away just yet.....but, so is our Manager doing the same!

Adams and the team should be praised fir the results they carve out. The general play has not been as good as the results suggests, but then again, it is important to pick up points when not playing well.

Looking at the binners 17 point haul, gathered on dull and desb 1-0 and 2-0''s, you get my story..

can''t see any moaning - far, far from itmost who had doubts about Adams (and the club) have happily put their hands up and are enjoying what is happeningTues night looks set for yet another one of those memorable Carrow Road night games, where 25,000 plus City fans could well head off into the night knowing their club are still top of the tableand also knowing that we have ''the Belgian'', McCandlewick, Hooper, both Bennetts, Cuellar, Miquel and perhaps a couple more of the youths such as Loza to break through..... all still to be usedwall to wall delight, more like

I can''t get my head round you C1, that is a bang on statement and one I fully agree with.....yet on the other thread you have done nothing but bate fellow forum posters and throw insults like some boarding school head master.

I just can''t make you out.

My entire life I''ve observed/rooted for teams in all sorts of sports, all different levels, and of various quality.  Not to go too deep into sports fandom psychology, but in my experience you do look at your teams differently depending on how good they are.  My baseball team (Kansas City Royals) ends a 29 year postseason drought when it hosts Oakland tomorrow.  That is/was the longest drought in the four major North American sports leagues.  I certainly have looked at the team differently the last couple of years than I did when they were losing 100 games a season, and even getting back in the postseason I look at this team differently than I did in my childhood when they made the postseason seven times in ten years with two World Series appearances and one win.  In general, as the team quality goes up my criticisms become less focused on the administration of the team and more on the manager/coach and players themselves.  It makes sense, really - if the team is doing well you can''t hammer on the the folks responsible for the "big picture" because hey, on the whole the team is good...  but rather the day-to-day or game-to-game or even play-to-play minutiae.  This is even more so apparent with my college football team, which happens to have seven national titles and over 40 conference titles.Back to NCFC... do I see little things that need improving?  Sure, we all do.  But while I don''t want to be all "sunshine and lollypops" and ignore them, I am not about to allow them to detract from what have been some very, very nice results thus far this season.  Every morning I wake up with us at the top is a good morning.I will say this though... if a team in any sport in any country is good or poor, the fans calling in on the postgame sound exactly alike... so listen for entertainment value, not for gaining insight.  Just my 2ยข...