Sign in to follow this  
65Vintage

Team v Charlton

Not seen a thread yet - so for meRuddyMartin Turner Hooiveld OlssonJohnson TettyRedmond Howson MurphyGrabban JeromeJust lazy thoughts - I''m sure people have their own ideas!

Says so on some web site called the pinkun- whatever that is....

www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/fitness_worries_for_norwich_city_duo_josh_murphy_and_kyle_lafferty_ahead_of_charlton_clash_1_3787830

Adams needs to find a first-half formula before an opposition team takes advantage and holds onto it.

Start with a few changes, then revert to the current starting line-up for the second-halves of the next few matches!

Same winning line-up from Saturday.

But tell our least athletic player Hoolahan he''s likely to get subbed on 60 mins because we need to keep something in his tank for Saturday.

Then bring on Howson, O''Neill or Murphy, depending on situation.

I am less worried than most about the "first half problem" - against brum and blackpool had we taken our chances (particularly Grabban) we would have been comfortably ahead and in control and increasingly teams will look to close us down but inevitably tire come the second half as long as we move the ball well.

Our most dangerous players are redmond and wes (if central) from midfield and jerome - so I would build the team around them.   442 seems to mean sacrificing wes out left where he is less influential - again on sat he was dangerous when he went in the middle but it was not frequent enough as the 4222 (the hexagon??) meant he was wasted wide.   So back to a 4231 for me against a tough charlton side.   No starting place for Murphy - injured anyway? - as his niche should remain an impact sub once we have tired them.  

Defence remains my biggest concern but I am hoping familiarity will garner some improvements with time.

Ruddy

Martin   Turner Hooiveld  Olsson

BJ  Tettey

Redmond    Wessi   Lafferty (Grabban)

Jerome

Subs from

Rudd  Whittaker Iggy O''Neill Howson Murphy Grabban(Lafferty) Loza

Ruddy

Whittaker Turner Hooiveld Olsson

Tetty Johnson

Grabban Howson Redmond

Jerome

or:

Ruddy

Whittaker Turner Hooiveld Olsson

E.Bennett Tetty Johnson Redmond

Grabban Jerome

Subs: Rudd, Martin, Miquel, Howson, Hoolahan, Jo.Murphy, Loza

Ruddy

Martin Turner Hooiveld Olsson

Redmond Tettey Johnson Grabban

Wes

Jerome

Fits Wes central, keeps our two goal machines on the pitch and keeps Redmond on the right, though I''d be happy with Redderz and Grabbs swapping wings. Grabban looked dangerous cutting in from the left on Saturday. Maybe thinking of them as a front three (plus a free roaming wes) and letting Johnno and Tettey do the dirty work is the way forward.

I believe Howson was the player interviewed pre match yesterday, that normally means that player is playing, so I think that means Wes isn''t.

To me Murphy is ready to start matches.  Would like to see how Howson and Tettey work together too.                  RuddyMartin Turner Hooiveld OlssonRedmond Tettey Howson  Murphy            Jerome   Grabban

[quote user="bristolcanary"]12 players is likely to be a bit of a risk with the referee but 10 players Zipper? Now that''s confident.[/quote]

Had to triple check but I think I have named 11?

Wouldnt be confident with 10 against Charlton - maybe some sides...

Ray - interesting assertion about Howson,   and possible given its another 3 games in 7 days spell for wes;    I just hope they dont expect him to play the wide left role either; like wes it would not play to his strengths and playing in the middle of a 3 in 4231 would be where we get most from him.     

And I know it is just a prem hangover but any city team starting with BJ and howson in the middle leaves me nervous - their city career average is losing more than 50% of matches - hopefully tonight is the start of changing that trend..

bristolcanary,

I agree re Howson, could be an intersting formation?

Mind you any NCFC player over the last 2 years probably has a 50% losing average!!

[quote user="Ray"]bristolcanary, I agree re Howson, could be an intersting formation? Mind you any NCFC player over the last 2 years probably has a 50% losing average!![/quote]

Includes time under Lambert (4 months or so for Howson) and it is just these two...

Don''t believe Murphy is a starter yet, has been a liability defensively and that''s the area that needs improvement, not experimentation at the moment.

Ruddy

Martin hoiveld turner Olsson

BJ tettey

Redmond wes lafferty/Grabban

Jerome

Got to play Wes to his strengths so could mean a tough decision between jerome and Grabban if Grabban can''t play wide.

A 4-4-2 with Grabban and Jerome would be good to see but I can''t think of someone to play on the left effectively. Wes has been poor, I don''t think Murphys a starter yet (particularly if he''s an injury doubt), Bennett? Lafferty?

Oops ,sorry Zipper. It''s the juggling of my sign in names has confused me. I don''t know whether I am a canary or his house at the moment. Bloody automatic sign in and too many devices.

Anyway I would like to see Howson in for Wes for the first half and Wes on for the second if we look short of creativity. Bring Murphy on second as well.