Sign in to follow this  
Ellie Goulding

Bassong playing for u21s

[quote user="I.S."]You didn''t watch the game then Lincoln? He was absolutely atrocious - probably the worst player on the pitch for us.

As for not "running through brick walls" - he didn''t really run around at all. Given we can''t stop scoring goals, you would think he would want to make a case for his inclusion, so either he is incredibly unfit or just not interested.

Bassong looked very good though, would be great if he is back in contention.[/quote]

Judge Hooper when he''s fit. He''s had one injury hit season under Hughton and people have written him off. It''s stupid.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Judge Hooper when he''s fit. He''s had one injury hit season under Hughton and people have written him off. It''s stupid.[/quote]He''s Hoopless......

[quote user="im spartacus"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="im spartacus"]Does hooper actually care any more ? [/quote]

Your judging whether he cares or not on a friendly game for the U21''s.

He''s Hardly going to be running through brick walls and risk injury for a nothing game. Lay off Hooper ffs.

Must be the only player who''s commitment is questioned whilst being injured. All the hype about him not caring and wanting to leave is just that, hype, and completely unfounded. Give him a chance and judge him after he''s back to full fitness and given a decent run in the first team.

Only a moron could against him being a success in this league.[/quote]ive been judging him for the past year and he''s a pub league player who wants it on a plate or he contributes nothing, i''ve never taken to him it''s my opinion and i am entitled to it so fu(k off bellend [/quote]

Pub league player. Lol. You are entitled to an opinion, I agree. However unfortunately for you, it''s far from an educated one.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="im spartacus"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="im spartacus"]Does hooper actually care any more ? [/quote]

Your judging whether he cares or not on a friendly game for the U21''s.

He''s Hardly going to be running through brick walls and risk injury for a nothing game. Lay off Hooper ffs.

Must be the only player who''s commitment is questioned whilst being injured. All the hype about him not caring and wanting to leave is just that, hype, and completely unfounded. Give him a chance and judge him after he''s back to full fitness and given a decent run in the first team.

Only a moron could against him being a success in this league.[/quote]ive been judging him for the past year and he''s a pub league player who wants it on a plate or he contributes nothing, i''ve never taken to him it''s my opinion and i am entitled to it so fu(k off bellend [/quote]

Pub league player. Lol. You are entitled to an opinion, I agree. However unfortunately for you, it''s far from an educated one.[/quote]in the words of the great roy walker "say what you see" [:)]

I´ve just finished watching the game having watched the 1st half live and then paused the 2nd half while I watched the final 2 episodes of series 4 of Boardwalk Empire with the missus so we can now start watching the final series.

Firstly I would like to say a huge thanks to Southampton for having their own U-tube channel which I guess shows all their U21 matches live, with a solid commentary, and allowing us to watch our boys in action. Secondly I would like to have another huge moan at NCFC for their pathetic coverage of the U21s. It was only by chance that I happened to look at the Pink´un website just before 7.00 to discover that, not only were the U21s playing, but I could watch the whole match live on the internet. To the best of my knowledge there was no mention of the match on the NCFC official website other than reference to it on the Twitter link if one thought to delve that deep. Get a grip of this please, Mr McNally, this is poor exposure of our youngsters, who deserve better recognition. Is there any good reason why we cannot match Southampton´s excellent coverage of their U21s? I suspect there isn´t.

On to the match itself. I felt we were OK, with not too much to offer up-front, but full credit to Southampton who I felt looked lively, with a number of players worthy of 1st team consideration.

These are my ratings of the Norwich team - based on Championship expectations.

Killip 5.5, Ramsey 5, McFadden 5, Bassong 6, Toffolo 5.5, Hall-Johnson 4.5, McGrandles 5.5, Odjidja-Ofoe 5.5, Murphy 5, Hooper 5, Eaton-Collins 5, King 6, McGeehan 5

I would consider all those outfield players worth, in my opinion., 5.5 or better (5 of them) to be ready, now, for serious consideration for first team "18" inclusion.

And finally one or two specific comments. Good to see Louis Ramsey, a first year scholar, getting a good run in the U21s. Good luck to him. Low mark for Reece H-J; plenty of effort but seemed to lose possession far too enough - I''m sure he can do better. Liked my first viewing of Conor McGrandles - admittedly an uninspiring start but kept improving throughout the game - and, remember, still a young boy, age-wise, a year behind the Murphy twins

I think bassong didn''t think Adams would last long and thought he would start playing for the next manager if not get a move out of it . But sadly for him nether of these things happened so now his got to get stuck in

I actually thought Bassong was average at best last night and was at fault for their second I believe. McGrandles looks promising at times but my thoughts were he has some improving to do and won''t be in any first team action any time soon unless we have a spate of injuries. That said, he''s a young lad, younger than the Murphys, and you can see with the right development and encouragement he will be a future star. I think after his finish at Blackpool we underestimate the quality of Josh!

[quote]On one of the facebook forums someone was at the game last night and had a selfie with Bassong.This is what he put with the picture.Exclusive from the under 21''s game, asked Bassong when he''s coming back to the first team he replied ''I''m not coming back''[/quote]Make of that what you will............................