Sign in to follow this  
NWC

Charlton 2nd half match thread

Michael Bailey thinks might not have been a foul leading up to disallowed goal - couldn''t see on my stream as froze. Now tuned to 5 live.Any body got opinions on this?Roll on second half and lets have a typical city second half performance!!

We''re looking very staid and are reverting to type as a result of our

inadequate football. The routine of knocking it into the corner and

hoofing it into the box is all too predictable, as well as ineffective.

Grabban is showing tonight why he''s unlikely to ever sustain a place in a

premiership team.

[quote user="TurnerPOTS"]I''m only following a basic text report online, can anyone tell me what happened for their goal?[/quote]
Slight deflection of Johnson (?), changed flight of the ball and beat Ruddy near post.

Just left, all huff n puff, chance after chance a losing.....not won at home in three games and yep peopke will say we played well but we have a squad for a reason....use it.

[quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"]Need an upgrade for Grabban who is clearly not up to it . Also Adams need to shut up about making Carrow Road a fortress , third game running and third bad result . We would still be doing better with Lennon in the job .[/quote]**** off

Go on then why have we only picked up 2 points at home in three games?

It was a good performance because Charlton set up to allow us to attack.

We failed to brake them down and now lost. In my car heading home, frustrated again.

[quote user="the bristol nest"]Beaten by Charlton. Ouch. Got to sort out the home form. Why are the home crowd making us so nervous?[/quote]
Players didn''t look nervous tonight. Plenty of good play. Goal disallowed for a soft foul, clear handball missed, shot cleared of the line...
Charlton are an okay side, unbeaten in the league for a reason, and I thought it was going to be a tight game.
But to lose from a deflected goal from their 2nd shot on target, after playing reasonably well and creating the chances I mentioned above... sickening.

At home teams will not come to play but happy with a point, we will always get better chances away from Carrow Rd.

Sickening result but City played well just one of those things.

Too many, & not very good, crosses into the box. They just ate them up all night. Needed more driving runs into the box, most of which they would probably have stopped, but you only need one to get through, or draw a penalty, or get a deflection.

Jerome outmuscled for once. Their defence was very good all round though.

Early talk about winning the title has put pressure on the players and created a false expectation from the fans. It''s a rookie''s misktake, as is hyping up the quality of the football, which is no better than it would be under Hughton. Perhaps it shows that the board should have scoured Europe a bit more closely before leaving the club''s future in the hands of a radio commentator.

[quote user="92 vintage"]Early talk about winning the title has put pressure on the players and created a false expectation from the fans. It''s a rookie''s misktake, as is hyping up the quality of the football, which is no better than it would be under Hughton. Perhaps it shows that the board should have scoured Europe a bit more closely before leaving the club''s future in the hands of a radio commentator.[/quote]

We''ve definitely been hyped up to be much better than we actually are. This result has been coming.

Fair enough but not in the last 30 minutes.You are right that we played an expansive game in the first half but not so in the second.

I will not slate our players as they have done superbly thus far. Tonight though we f''ed up against a park the bus side.