Sign in to follow this  
AidanC

Stone wall penalties

The penalty shouts were ridiculous, we should of won 2-0 at least -

If you haven''t seen them :

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=El4Lj1zekss

Agreed, Disappointed not to get both of them. Not to get at least one is ridiculous. Possibly with the first you could argue it came off his own man so would be harsher but on both occasions his arms were out (i.e. not by his side) and the second one stopped a near certain goal. Very annoying.

Having also watched the main highlights though I am feeling a bit better about things. We played some good stuff, created some good chances and on another day with a bit of luck, a bit more composure and a different ref we would have won comfortably.

The man was standing like a scarecrow for both, when seeing the highlights I felt worse on not winning!

Blackburn and Brentford had stone wallers not given against us so we can''t complain. It works both ways backwards and forwards over the season.

Both of those handballs actually stopped the ball going in the net. The ref was never going to give us anything and that was obvious from very early on.

Granted we were lucky with Martin not conceding one against Birmingham but the ref and linesman were far too far away to have called it, but these two? Oh no, they were under the ----- nose.

I honestly can''t remember a bigger penalty shout than the first one of those last night, it wasn''t even marginal, it wasn''t even in doubt, it was an absolute stonewall nailed on penalty.

I''d like to think there was an assessor there who took into account not just those two howlers but also the mans arrogance and failure to deal with time wasting from the first minute of the game.