Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

It's Back...Wazzy's Ref Watch

Mick Russell

Has been operating at this level for ages, so you would think he''d be getting the hang of it now. How wrong can you be?

Absolutely dreadful performance, his positioning was dire, how he and the lino in front of the away fans (who also had a terrible game) missed Jerome get cleaned out from a corner I shall never know. Russell decision making was poor he let plenty go, but several times there was no advantage.

I was absolutely gobsmaked that the Charlton keeper didn''t get a yellow, the timewasting was so blatant but Mr I''mhavingaquietgameandgoingtodoanything just ignored it. I really would like to see the disallowed goal again, to me it looked a perfectly fair challenge on the keeper. Also the second half brought what looked a stone wall penalty for handball at the River end - an outstretched arm at shoulder height is never a natural position in my eyes.

You can understand why Eddie Howe was moaning about the quality of Refs in the Championship.

Mick Russell - Dreadful 3

More worryingly he had a huge smile on his face when the crowd was on his back. Smacks of a referee enjoying the limelight too much.

As for the penalty in the 2nd half, it was reported on Canary Call that he shook his head as it happened. If he saw it, which he clearly did, he should be asked to explain the decision.

Maybe there is a reason he has been at this level for ages and not any higher

I forgot the bit where the Charlton player had his hand on Mick Russell''s shoulder and he didn''t move away. Perhaps he was hoping for a game of ''Hide the Sausage''

after the game.

I suppose it''s only human nature to blame the ref after a loss. But we were poor tonight and deserved to lose.

Apologies for the no-link but I can''t on this browser.

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/charlton/11505689.Addicks_boss_praises_ref_for_handling_of_Canaries_clash/

I had calmed down about tonight before I read that.

We did not deserve to lose & most certainly Charlton did not deserve to win. We have had previous with this appalling official but what is it with hand balls this season? Birmingham, Blackpool & tonight 3 of the most blatant you will see, way more blatant than the only one we have been given against Blackburn

[quote user="92 vintage"]I suppose it''s only human nature to blame the ref after a loss. But we were poor tonight and deserved to lose.[/quote]Obviously not at the game.

He worried me early on before there were any major incidents. Thought a couple of decisions were made to help him control* the pace of the game for his own benefit.

Maybe I''m being overly cynical.

*slow

[quote user="92 vintage"]I suppose it''s only human nature to blame the ref after a loss. But we were poor tonight and deserved to lose.[/quote]

Norwich v Charlton

Possession 61% 39%

Shots 15 4

On Target 4 2

Corners 9 1

Yup really poor...

92 vintage wrote the following post at 30/09/2014 11:45 PM:

I suppose it''s only human nature to blame the ref after a loss. But we were poor tonight and deserved to lose.

----------------------

lol

[quote user="92 vintage"]I suppose it''s only human nature to blame the ref after a loss. But we were poor tonight and deserved to lose.[/quote]

What a load of old b0ll0cks. Try going to games before giving your opinion.