Sign in to follow this  
swjf50

parking on Saturday

I''m going to the Rotherham match on Saturday, I have been going by train from Cambridge but since I am going out for a meal in Norwich afterwards, it seems best to drive. I used to park off City Road in some of the side Streets but many of them are residents only or restricted parking. Does anyone have any ideas where I could park within about 20 minutes walking distance from the ground?

I know there is the County Council Car Park or City Hall car park but it usually takes ages to exit that after the game unless you are stupid enough to leave the match 10 minutes early. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Theres matchday parking on Lower Clarence road, and I think you can stay there for a while after, if you''re walking into the city.If the parking is just purely for the match I used to use a few places near Busseys garage on Thorpe road, they are places that let you park there for the match for two or three quid for charities.

The Aviva car park off Queens Road is a good option. It is open to the public on Saturdays and they charge £2.00 which goes to charity.

[quote user="morty"]Theres matchday parking on Lower Clarence road, and I think you can stay there for a while after, if you''re walking into the city.If the parking is just purely for the match I used to use a few places near Busseys garage on Thorpe road, they are places that let you park there for the match for two or three quid for charities.[/quote]Yes, the Lower Clarence Road car park where the away coaches park is open 24 hours but it''s pot -hole covered wasteland for which they get away with charging £6. NCFC have taken on some of the spaces for themselves so best to get there fairly early as it does get full.There are two £3 charity car parks on the same road. The Lions run one but it''s locked by 6pm so the best bet is the Royal Mail one behind the sorting office as it has an automated exit barrier so you can stay as long as you like. Tarmaced marked spaces. Again you''ll need to get there early.

[quote user="swjf50"]I''m going to the Rotherham match on Saturday, I have been going by train from Cambridge but since I am going out for a meal in Norwich afterwards, it seems best to drive. I used to park off City Road in some of the side Streets but many of them are residents only or restricted parking. Does anyone have any ideas where I could park within about 20 minutes walking distance from the ground? I know there is the County Council Car Park or City Hall car park but it usually takes ages to exit that after the game unless you are stupid enough to leave the match 10 minutes early. Any ideas? Thanks.[/quote]

I live not to far from City road and have a drive way, there is also a Lay by outside with no restrictions.

its about 25 minute walk to Carrow Road from there... you can make use of the layby for free

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="swjf50"]I''m going to the Rotherham match on Saturday, I have been going by train from Cambridge but since I am going out for a meal in Norwich afterwards, it seems best to drive. I used to park off City Road in some of the side Streets but many of them are residents only or restricted parking. Does anyone have any ideas where I could park within about 20 minutes walking distance from the ground? I know there is the County Council Car Park or City Hall car park but it usually takes ages to exit that after the game unless you are stupid enough to leave the match 10 minutes early. Any ideas? Thanks.[/quote]

I live not to far from City road and have a drive way, there is also a Lay by outside with no restrictions.

its about 25 minute walk to Carrow Road from there... you can make use of the layby for free

[/quote]

Could you give me the address please? I''m not sure if we want to walk that far, but just in case, it would be good to know.

If you want to park for free, and can hack a 15-20 minute walk, then head for the Trafford Arms and park on one of the side-streets - or on City Road - then walk up Queen''s Road, down the weird cut-through bit (Southgate Lane) and you''re practically a stone''s throw from the River End.

I used to do that before my hip bypass.