Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Love Our Club

See that thread that''s posted every week called Rays Funds?

All the proceeds from that go to the CSF who facilitated this amazing video, so if you liked it and it brought a lump to your throat with how brilliant this club is please please feel free to join in!

Was going to post about Martin giving his shirt away at the end of the game, it''s good to know the reason why. It''s nice that the club goes to such lengths like this to make someone''s year.

Awesome, absolutely awesome. I know the club do a fair bit in the community, but that fair brought a little lump to my throat.

That was absolutely heart warming. What a fantastic gesture from the club, all the staff and players involved should feel very very proud.

And I know Pete_norw has mentioned in the past about his grandson (I believe) with this same condition? Is this him Pete?

Wow, fantastic, moving video makes you really proud.

Which player called him over for the photo, was it Lafferty ? If so top bloke as is russel martin.

Also liked Adams reference to hopefully championship winning season...good confidence.

Well done the club

Wow so very moving and an amazing gesture by the club that also had a bit of class too, the team photograph inclusion and the shirt at the end of the game the icing on the cake, fantastic!

Whilst many clubs over the years have done similar things this somehow seemed more personal. Our wonderful club is proud of its community cohesion and we are rightfully proud of them.

It is more personal than a lot of clubs. The CSF is the club''s charity partner and there us a very close relationship between the two. The sporting light appeal which is supported by the club has helped thousands of people across Norfolk including those with all kinds of disabilities and needs.

I''m proud of this message board community too. At the moment I''m in discussions with the CSF about our own PUPs partnership with one of the disability teams. We just presented £655 and already have £190 toward the next presentation.

What a lovely moving story this is and it shows that there is still a decent side to the professional game.They couldn''t have done much more for the lad and it''s something he''ll never forget. You had to feel for his parents too.Well done NCFC

So there, in three minutes and forty seconds, everything is put clearly in perspective. Wonderful, moving and thought provoking.

Great to see a fellow supporter, and his family get a well deserved treat. Even more gutted we didn''t win now!

Well done to the Club and players, superb. Nice to have a Captain who fulfills the role so well, as a man and player.