Sign in to follow this  
stewfil

Ruddy not selected again

If he wasn''t when in the premier league (for World Cup), then he definitely won''t in the championship. We know how good he is, even if Woy doesn''t.

Left out Daniel Sturridge, brings in Jonjo Shelvey and  Nathaniel Clyne from his 2nd favorite club, Southampton.And we are all aware of his favorite club ''coz why else would he pick (the one mistake ever 10 games) Foster  above our own ?

I might be wrong, but are you saying he shouldn''t pick Nathaniel Clyne? Because he''s been phenomenal this year. Well and truly deserved.

Sturridge is recovering from injury. We should have enough in the locker with the two opponents we play next, heck they could probably even field me versus San Marino and still win.

I dont understand why people bother or care about our National team, even the media were not up for the last World Cup.Until we get rid of Woy and start actually investing in youth we are going to be the same over hyped team we have been since the mid 90''s.I honestly think the last England game I watched with any real interest was about 8 years ago !

Invest in youth? Most of the national team is now young players, which is what the public has been crying out for, unless you mean invest at grass roots level, in which case I think most level headed people would agree with you.

But anyway, are we really going to start threads on this every time an England squad is announced?

Seriously, grow up. If I was England manager and gad keepers playing in the premier league against Costa, Aguero, Di Maria etc, I''d prefer their experience of facing these players every week over an Everyon reject playing against Rotherham.

P.S. That comment doesn''t mean I don''t rate Ruddy, I just can''t see what the problem is in favouring premier league players over ones in the Championship.

How many Championship players have made it into the England fold? It''s rare, extremely! Why the big issue?

With Hodgson in charge, you''re not going to get many wholesale changes while he clearly has his favourites. Many of our previous England managers have been similar. Never a daring or willing to stick their neck out and be creative. It is why other national teams are far more successful. The FA may bemoan UEFA/FIFA over where competitions are held but we''re as bad in the FA selecting managers not up to the job or whom can pick so called national treasures (whom have what international acclaim?) Same as saying we had Beckham as Wales had Giggs.  Having such high profile players doesn''t win you trophies at the highest level - it''s very much a team game and our managers have the charisma of plankton to motivate a team or nation! Until we get an ego like Jose M in charge, I can''t see England progressing far - so why beat yourself up about Ruddy not being selected? It''s a good thing

Carrow_Road_Canary wrote:

"If I was England manager and gad keepers playing in the premier league

against Costa, Aguero, Di Maria etc, I''d prefer their experience of

facing these players every week over an Everyon reject playing against

Rotherham."So a shot from outside the area going into the top corner of the goal from a premier league striker is harder to save than the same shot from a championship striker? I would say that there is not so much difference for goalkeepers between the leagues, although of course the premier goalkeepers are watched more by Woy and his team. However Ruddy once was second choice for England I think so it is only now he is Championship and as for him being an "Everton reject", well - cheap shot which despite your PS only confirms your rating of him.

Now Forster is at Soton he is arguably the obvious number two.

I wasn''t exactly alone in predicting an international career for him when he was with us.

Hart has the experience so the only place available is number three.

Foster or Ruddy to sit on the bench with no chance of playing.

Ruddy must feel frustrated not to be picked but from an England or Norwich standpoint it is not big news.