Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Paddy Davit saying Adams has been impressed with Bassong's attitude recently

With this and his captaining the U21s (and by all accounts looking committed in that game) do we think that there have been some clear the air talks and Bassong is maybe being brought back into the fold?

I would certainly be pleased if that were the case as with Bennett out i''m not completely convinced by any of our options to partner Turner at present. A motivated Bassong would be the best CB in this division.

I think we''re a better side with him in the team. If Adams is ready to have him back that''s good enough for me.

Watched the first half u-21s game against saints on youtube the other night. Thought he was average at best, and he still is making elementary mistakes. Not back to being good enough yet.

Watched the first half u-21s game against saints on youtube the other night. Thought he was average at best, and he still is making elementary mistakes. Not back to being good enough yet.

Exactly what I thought NWC ,,, I was surprised to hear some saying he had a good game . But to be fair to him , and I said this on another thread about that game , nobody looked " good" .

But this is what makes football so interesting!

My view of Bassong on YouTube was greatly different to some.

Bassong to me looked a class above most, if not all, the players on the pitch. He was composed, always in command and seemed to have time to do what he needed to do.

I felt he could have done a bit more on occasions but put most of that down to his lack of games.

A fit and committed Bassong could easily be one of the best centre backs in the Championship and would certainly strengthen our defence.

But it''s all about commitment!

A cynic would suggest Bassong wants some first-team football for two reasons. He has changed his mind about Adams, thinks we might get promoted, and so is anxious to be back in favour. Or he wants away but has decided he needs to be playing a bit of football to put himself in the shop window. Pretty much a win-win for us any which way.

[quote user="NWC"]Watched the first half u-21s game against saints on youtube the other night. Thought he was average at best, and he still is making elementary mistakes. Not back to being good enough yet.[/quote]

NWC this was my thoughts exactly. He''ll have to work hours socks off to even get on the bench IMO

Not so sure about this, he wasn''t in the squad for the Shrewsbury game, so I can only assume that if Neil is thinking about bringing him back then it is a very recent thing.

If he does then there are number of other issues to be managed, namely, how do the rest of the squad feel about it? Could be argued they would have to suck it up, but what message does it send, especially if we are to believe all we have heard about him refusing to take a place on the bench, etc.

Then there is the issue of us signing 3 CB''s in August to go with the three (plus Bassong) we already had, Turner, Bennett & Martin, plus the youngsters coming through, so with Bassong we have seven CB''s plus our own youngsters, sort of makes a mockery of our transfer dealings.

Lastly, surely he should look half tidy in an U21 game he does have loads of Prem experience after all.

If any one should know what happened with Bassong it should be that Ray fella who seems to be intimately involved in the every move at carra rud if he is to be believed

Given that Seb wasn''t even born when Neil Adams won the title with Everton and wasn''t at Norwich when he was presenting Canary Call, maybe it''s understandable if he didn''t recognise him and took issue with him when Adams announced himself as the new manager? If anyone is trying to act the Billy Big B011ocks then it''s Neil Adams expecting everyone to know who he is.

[quote user="kryptonite"]Given that Seb wasn''t even born when Neil Adams won the title with Everton and wasn''t at Norwich when he was presenting Canary Call, maybe it''s understandable if he didn''t recognise him and took issue with him when Adams announced himself as the new manager? If anyone is trying to act the Billy Big B011ocks then it''s Neil Adams expecting everyone to know who he is.[/quote]That''s all well and good. We can spend all day asking who Sebastien Bassong and Neil Adams are, or indeed where this "Norwich" is. But the question we should really be asking ourselves is who this Billy Big Bo11locks is. That''s what I''d like to know.

Bassong, a player on some pretty hefty wages, clearly hasn''t committed himself since Hughton was rightly ousted and he hasn''t committed himself until seeing us do well, and here we find the obvious scenario of him wanting to put himself in the shop window because no f*cker in the Premier wanted/wants him.

Decent centre-back and could do well for the cause, but no thanks.

You simply didn''t want to play for Norwich City Football Club.

[quote user="Shyster"]Bassong, a player on some pretty hefty wages, clearly hasn''t committed himself since Hughton was rightly ousted and he hasn''t committed himself until seeing us do well, and here we find the obvious scenario of him wanting to put himself in the shop window because no f*cker in the Premier wanted/wants him.

You simply didn''t want to play for Norwich City Football Club.[/quote]I want to agree with this but as he has the capability to being a very good defender in this division, and we are still paying his hefty wages, i am more willing to bring him back out of the cold.

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="Shyster"]Bassong, a player on some pretty hefty wages, clearly hasn''t committed himself since Hughton was rightly ousted and he hasn''t committed himself until seeing us do well, and here we find the obvious scenario of him wanting to put himself in the shop window because no f*cker in the Premier wanted/wants him.

You simply didn''t want to play for Norwich City Football Club.[/quote]I want to agree with this but as he has the capability to being a very good defender in this division, and we are still paying his hefty wages, i am more willing to bring him back out of the cold.[/quote]Me too, but I don''t think its going to happen.  If Adams is making encouraging noises, it would be imo to be boosting the profile of Bassong to potential clubs who would take him on loan or buy him at some stage.

If the manager wants to bring back a player who, on his day is the best CB in our squad, then let him. No point in cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Yeah,maybe. It could be a way of getting rid of him. Making it look like everything is ok so as not to put off potential suitors. Still, we''ve more than likely got him till January so i feel we might as well utilise him.