Sign in to follow this  
The Bristol Nest

Rotherham Match Thread

Now is the time to step-up. If we are serious about promotion we need to be beating teams like Rotherham at home (and away). We have done it a few times this season already but we need to do it again today. We have to expect teams are going to defend against us and try a smash and grab raid. Learning curve for Mr Adam so let''s see if he has the answers.

Not good when the players are snatching at things and looking nervous. Some of them look like their legs have turned to jelly. Adams looking frustrated in the dugout.

If they are camped in their own box, one option is to work the ball to shooting positions outside the box.  We need to work this out.... every team is going to do this when they come to Carrow Road and we must find a solution.

Maybe automatic promotion was a bit too ambitious. Looking at our home form play offs is surely all we are going to achieve. I like Adams, but maybe his naïvety will cost us as he seems unwilling to really utilize the squad.

The goal has silenced the boos, but we''ve not been good enough considering the opposition.

Yeah, not the best really. I thought it was going to be another Charlton so reasonably glad we got a point. Neil needs to start looking at changing the team and tactics.

[quote user="Herman "]Yeah, not the best really. I thought it was going to be another Charlton so reasonably glad we got a point. Neil needs to start looking at changing the team and tactics.[/quote]Yes.  442 does not necessarily mean goals.  4231 is  better with Wes in the team.  We apparently had a lot of chances, but it only takes one good chance to score a goal. If your strikers aren''t striking, it doesn''t matter how many chances you get.  One decent striker with goals from midfield is surely a better option for us. At least lafferty made an impact and will hopefully be restored to the starting line up next match.

[quote user="damn that Ralph Coates"]would Lafferty take Wes'' place?[/quote]Not for me. Wes can still have the central role with one striker in front of him,  with Lafferty working the left hand side as it was early in the season.   

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Herman "]Yeah, not the best really. I thought it was going to be another Charlton so reasonably glad we got a point. Neil needs to start looking at changing the team and tactics.[/quote]Yes.  442 does not necessarily mean goals.  4231 is  better with Wes in the team.  We apparently had a lot of chances, but it only takes one good chance to score a goal. If your strikers aren''t striking, it doesn''t matter how many chances you get.  One decent striker with goals from midfield is surely a better option for us. At least lafferty made an impact and will hopefully be restored to the starting line up next match.

[/quote]Aye, either that or a 4312, if he wants to carry on with the Jerome/Grabban partnership. Looking forward to the match reports to hear what went ''wrong'' today.

[quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"]Need a manager and and Hooper in for Grabban .[/quote]If results carry on like this then Adams won''t last beyond the end of next season.

If Ipswich win they will go level with us. So how does their squad compare with ours? Inferior squad but same points would mean they have the better manager? Let''s not get carried away with Neil. So we create a chance every three minutes - at least that''s something to build on. And still top after a poor home run. What about Ruddy. Bad mistake against Birmingham, not concentrating on Tuesday and now gives a penalty away.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]Redmond goes for goal......way off target surprise surprise[/quote]

Because he''s Thomas tit. Why can''t people realise this!!!